I Guess I‘m In.. Kind Of Logbook

19 hours ago, Alluminati said:

Those look to be good enough for the bank machine, I have given them much much worse. There will be a layer of sand and crumbled zinc on the floor when they remove the coinstar machine here. lolol.

I've used some automotive polish by hand to put a shine on a few higher denomination coins that I've spent in person. It works well but more trouble then its worth probably. 

:biggrin: Yeah - we have some coinstar machines, but they're taking ridiculously high charges + you can only get vouchers for the shop the machine is located in.

Nobody wants to have coins these days, as it seems. After a long research, I've found a bank, which has coin machines and doesn't charge you for dumpig your coins.

I've washed another 3-4 drums, and the new gasket design seems to work perfectly. No leaks, easy to open..

• Like 1

Been out two times last week. Boy, those damn junkers.. :unsure::laugh:

D8BD3CAB-1851-4315-8028-9E9B497D0458_zps

FBCDE824-36B2-4C10-B423-A3F037F6E973_zps

At first I thought I've found something good, but it shouldn't be..

Find of the week:

CBD628B4-BBF1-4A3F-9F4A-915472F7ACA6_zps

A077BEB9-04DF-469C-92CB-CFCBC3C619FC_zps

It's a 1940 german navy button. What a great condition for a beach find! That thing rings up with a 33-35 on the equinox. You seldom get something in the 30s on the nox.. I often think, why it's going till 40 anyway :biggrin:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Alluminati said:

I guess it says Kriegsmarine on the top?

Yes it does!

I've found another one on the same beach from 1939, but the top is totally eaten away. There's a picture of the back in this thread:

2,5h on the beach yesterday. There weren't many targets left. ~10€ clad, but some 925 silver again :smile::

209B8F76-DC35-42A4-9ACE-815EAB846D50_zps

It came in at 30.

• Like 4

My china parts have arrived.

Not the nicest build, but it works just great - new tumbler version:

I've brought my first 5kg of coins (~ 1030 pieces) to the bank today. Only one 1 cent coin not recognized :biggrin:

Been out 2-3 times last week - no special finds. Broke trough the 1000€ barrier .. wow... but the beaches are pretty hunted out.

• Like 3

ab8f0749-6e78-48b6-b4cd-f2121d213d25_zps

It's all cashed in - 1627 coins! I'm feeling coinless now :laugh:

• Like 3

I used to keep my dug  U.S. nickles, dimes, quarters and one dollar coins in my car to give to the bridge toll trolls, all the cleaning they ever saw was a quick rinse off under a faucet - lol  Most of the toll takers never complained, but a few off them did take a few seconds to realize that they were in fact U.S. coins - lol   At $5 per bridge crossing, you can unload a lot of dug change ?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah, I did so with the parking meters. But since changing my job two years ago, I seldom need to pay for parking. I started to clean the coins, and used them for paying the baker at weekends (5-6€ per visit with 3 kids). This year, it has just been too much to :biggrin: Im still not sure if I'll buy a 3D printer, or save the money for some metal detecting investments.

Had a little after-season spin yesterday at a beach I don't do very often.

Find of the day:

2B265705-6529-44E2-9747-586944B0E211_zps

Other detectorist's Equinox Display cover .. not exactly what you want to find :unsure:

But luckily the other Equinox user didn't seem to know his / her machine really well, and / or didn't detect very thoroughly. I've found 22,70€, 2DM and 10 Escudos - very good, almost as if it had been a season hunt! :cool:

I didn't care about all the silver coin on edge stuff.. but yesterday I've surprisingly dug a 1€ coin, that sounded like trash.. A quick test on the beach revealed, that the 1€ (and 2€) coins on edge in exactly  90° to the center of the DD coil, produce solid negative numbers :ph34r: I don't know if this has been the case with the original firmware or my old detector - I'll have to check that.

• Like 1