I Guess I‘m In.. Kind Of Logbook

Nice find! pretty diamond...goes to show you never know. You could have just left for another spot and never found it. Congrats

strick

I'll take the ring to the jeweler an let him test the stone. If it's real, it's probably my best find so far (approx. 4,5mm diameter ~ 0,33-0,35ct).

Been out to the same beach yesterday. On the day before, it got completely flooded. Waterlevel 2m above normal. It took approx. 10-20cm of sand on some spots. It was like a total different beach.. More trash and pulltabs then ever.. It'll take some time to separate the junk from the good targets.

Found a 925 ring with a very big stone:

D0700950-BAD5-4962-AFF5-981AC03C1926_zps

And a little Freemason pendant.. kind of cool, if you consider statistically every 5520th german may be a Freemason..:

6E41DBC6-41CD-4E75-9342-0825AC6E5A70_zps

• Like 3

Been to the jeweler - the stone is real. Price for the ring has been ~1000€ new, cash price I would get: 400€ .. what a start :laugh:

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

0°C, light wind, partially frozen sand.. Been to my 2nd beach, where the storm has taken a lot of sand away. Lots of pulltabs, trash.. just about as I wanted to leave there was this 17-18 signal amongst a small supertrashy area at one of the beach entrances, pretty high up.... I thought just another crazy pulltab... BAAANNG:

F4781360-27F5-4268-8E49-4C4CD3C9A59B_zps

5C32863E-1CAE-48C0-992F-F4A2A1915A53_zps

Another 18k wedding band! Pretty small ~4,80g

Wow.. you really have to dig a lot of trash to get the good stuff! Not been out a lot - 2 goldrings in one month is like birthday and christmas together for me ?

• Like 6

Just found and read this thread as I’m pretty strongly considering getting the Equinox 800 - what an incredible progression from the earlier posts to now!!! People talk about putting the time in to get to know your machine, guess this is what it looks like!!!

Thanks for sharing all of this with us!

• Like 1

Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

Still scratching the top of the hill settings vise. There's still a lot to learn and try with the Equinox. Imho beach hunting isn't as boring, as many peope claim to be. The winter time totally changes my style of detecting. I find myself cranking up the sensitivity, changing settings.. going after different types of targets and take more time with the ones, I'd usually wouldn't dig in the summer. In the summer, it's all about collecting clad. In the winter, it's cleaning up time ?

I wish I had more time taking photos or even videos of my hunts, but I don't have the appropriate equipment and time for doing so, especially because I mostly hunt in the evening / dark.

Forecast for the next two weeks doesn't look all too good. -7°C tomorrow.. the sand is rock hard. A buddy of mine is really hardcore and still out .. too much for me ?

Waterdetecting would open up a whole new world. But our black, clayey and stony sand in the water is a pretty tough one.. I always get jealous, when I see those perfect beaches on youtube .. ?

• Like 1

5D7F6342-2AAB-4DB9-87A1-BD9B2FEB7AE7_zps

If you find yourself driving to the beach in the middle of the night at freezing temperatures, you know you're definitely addicted :laugh:

No special finds this week. Only two junkers (one "could" be silver..), and some clad:

0D3008D5-9904-4301-91A3-B2B9004B191C_zps

Best find was this Rosie:

BF0125E0-9E91-4D05-BC6C-02101A0E7ED6_zps

Those dimes are sooo small, and nevertheless ring very high and clear.

• Like 3