I Guess I‘m In.. Kind Of Logbook

@Chase Goldman

I know it sounds weird, but I've found all 3 targets using beach1 (ground balanced) within that 30min freestyle hunt. I've been able to run sens at 23. Even using beach1, there had been plenty of tiny signals.

It was the first time on the field. Beforehand, I had setup Field2 in 5 tone mode, tonebreaks set according to some items I had laying around. I didn't expect soooo many iron and tiny signals on the field.. Field2 had been way too sparky in that situation. I'll definitely tweak that mode to my likings, when I have some time alone on the field. Following the mentor's instructions with speaker on just hasen't been the right environment to do so..

Next step will mastering the 50 tones mode. Wintertime is a great opportunity to do so,  because it's not all about clad, anyway. The Nox is such a versatile machine, I'll probably never gonna master everything it is able to deliver. You're right - you don't need a fancy machine to make great finds.. It's mostly driven by experience with that particular machine and mode you're using.

• Like 1

Did a little cleanup on the pilots badge:

9E7A108E-1DE5-4423-AD3A-646C716D92E6_zps

Haven't found any information on that one, yet. Does anybody know which country this might be from?

Cool find for that beach in particular. Found it on the playground beneath an playground element.

• Like 1

Still no luck after hours of searching... this is a tough one.

If you're in search of pins & wings check out these sites:

http://ww2wings.com

http://www.wingcollector.com

https://www.badgesoftheworld.com

I *think* it's a navigator's badge - maybe I'll shoot them an email, perhaps they have an idea...

• 4 weeks later...

Certification is done - now I am a certified detectorist :wink:

Some stuff I've found during the last certification day:

CE8220DF-D21F-40C2-8127-29FED5C06D24_zps

Very big musket ball

4E6FBCC7-B719-4F01-A2F6-DF18A2AAC341_zps

British west afrika one penny - why ever the hell it's been sitting in the field in the middle of nowhere near the danish border..

50201601-1D38-41C9-BC51-4DC0D362DA17_zps

A nice bronze button

24013D0E-1996-4E7D-AEA9-06C59921B46C_zps

Some old clad, button, lighter wheel

edited-image_zpse6wv81r4.png

A tiny silver buckle

Now I need to get some fields and permissions.. :rolleyes:

Ordered a carbon shaft from cmd which should arrive tomorrow.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been out for 0,5h yesterday at my local suuuper hunted out beach. They are filling up some sand and the wheel loader left some deep tracks.. so I thought I'd give it a try..:

4E2B017E-3D7F-42C6-9260-BB4DF797CD87_zps

18k goldie... wow - I have a run on gold :ph34r:

Shaft conversion is done.. Parts seem to be 3d printed nylon.. we'll see how it holds up..

D8D0B782-1498-4B06-8F9E-981F4F3A3C4A_zpskjtvzklo.jpg

3AE6C746-A16F-4B3C-B4B4-966D05008283_zpsojsiuzh1.jpg

531D0772-23DB-4FD7-B877-5D00D9AD7BAF_zpsypzjxpi6.jpg

3C152CE5-0806-4438-B559-B4189B801672_zpsc6yl71sl.jpg

Weight saving ~110g - It's more noticable than I thought!

Now experimenting with some counter weights..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

No big news, just an update..

The last 18k ring is back to it's owner due to a combination of weird coincidences. Lucky as having won the lottery :ph34r::laugh:

Got me some waders, but had no luck, yet. We don't have tides and it's hard to find the sweetspots in the water - if there even are some in the reachable area. Everything is pretty sanded in after the last storm. One thing I can say for sure: Every detectorist who found something in the water definitely earned it!

Super happy with the carbon shaft conversion. You really notice the difference. Still can't decide if, I should get the 15" coil. Normal price in germany is 319€ - that's more than 1/3 of the detecor's price.. can get it from england for ~225€ .. so chances are, I could sell it without loss, if I don't like it. I'am a bit scared weight-wise with my hand... 

Season slowly starts, but weather isn't as good as last year and I can't get out as much due to familiy duties and some other projects :sleep:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Finally a good find again:

yL78hAZKvEnlsmoUEmflW_jD9i7toGB40K2aX9DK

7cq-9geRgcb0bu-W62PxDQbPzgSeIkEgIvV1Kfh-

FfDVK5Y7eDKGJM7WUqBFOlQp6V1Nk0B9fgvMgrkJ

18 + 21k - What a strange ring ... but nice!

Got myself the 15" coil now and took it out a few times. For a 15", it's light - works great with the carbon shaft. Still fells a little bit awkward using it on uneven ground. I feel somewhat "quicker" with the 11", especially between all of the beach chairs.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Got a keeper ☺️
Been in the hole together with a rusty screw..

image.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1

• 1 year later...