I Guess I‘m In.. Kind Of Logbook

My fellow detectorist has a new detector, so we've been out yesterday for approx. 1,5h.

3°C and up to 55km/h wind speeds - brrrr, it was freezin' and the beach partly looked like the moonsurface...

Good news: He can switch frequencies, so our machines don't talk to each other anymore. With his old machine I always had to run 10kHz.

Found some crusty clad, some old DM again and some danish foreign clad:

08728BFC-ABEA-4D64-A96B-273B2AF4EABB_zps

A nice 835 silver ring, which is cracked, but.. looks quite nice and old:

92E6129B-8309-4496-BB39-EB57868FFBFC_zps

Now for the find of the day.. man, I've been stoked to find such old stuff under that weather conditions on a fairly open landed beach (regardless of all the negative associations in terms of that era):

CC3600CD-39AF-4B4B-85E9-48F25BB87007_zps

Afaik it's a NSDAP badge, probably around 1933..

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

SW wind, 10°C .. I took the chance to get out again. The water had been gone ~60m, so I've detected on the wet sand.

9AFEBB69-4193-4BF5-9375-79B61842FCDE_zps

Some junkers :unsure::biggrin:, an old swimsuit pendant (pretty big ?!).. and two nice coins!

50 Pfenning from 1920 wow.. what a great condition for beeing stuck in the mud for almost 100 years! It's made of aluminium. The second coin is a "10/100 voucher coin" - 1923. It has been used for about 1 year after WW1.

I ran the nox in beach1, sens at 22 and it was super quiet - no falsing at all, very impressive.

950D2766-D88E-431A-861F-E302B60ED6F4_zps

"Sich regen bringt Segen" - "To stir (to move?) brings blessings"

Hmm.. hard to translate.. but you get the idea :wink:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Had a little winter hunt today at my local hunted out beach. This time I cranked the sens to 23 in hope to find some older stuff.

Well, I found some gold! :biggrin:

39F2A1AE-7EB7-46D0-920F-2583A6B1B7A5_zps

Came in at ID 10 - I really have to dig those lower numbers..

A 925 Ring again:

28590391-8F02-48C3-9D1B-6D75709C6A01_zps

A junk ring, 8,50DM, a foreign coin and some euro-cents. All in all better than expected. It's crazy how small things the 11" coil picks up.

• Like 3

Gold is gold - with a little bit of luck, I'll get 15-20€ for it.

I really dig running the Nox with high sens during off-season and in the less trashy areas, to pick up some unusual stuff at the beach. The only thing which kills me on almost every hunt: EMI from my own cellphone. Sucks big time.. I don't get, why they didn't fix that problem during development...

A033D48C-DFCC-4B90-B937-BB188CB3C79B_zps

Wow.. waterlevel forecast for tomorrow 60cm below normal, followed by 1m above.. - I think I‘ll have to check my local beach tomorrow :biggrin:

Get out there!

Hey, consider putting your phone in airplane mode on the worst days.  A metal detector is a EMI detecting machine, caveats and compromises if you want to clean it up. You still have the option to fix the problem, it's turning down the sensitivity. A lot of the noise is so spurious and transient that is about all you can do practically speaking.

So when the water is down like that, I guess you will have acres of extra land to detect? It looks like you get a decent amount of time to detect too. It's bound to open up some low spots too hopefully, I mean it almost has to just because it is so different from the tidal pattern that usually shapes your shoreline.

The only open water I'm looking at now is fairly fast moving aside from a little creek that outflows from the city dump. I'd be right in there digging, but it was diverted to this current location in the past 50 years so I don't think it would be all that productive anyway. There are nicer places for picnics.

Good luck, happy new year.

23 minutes ago, Alluminati said:

So when the water is down like that, I guess you will have acres of extra land to detect?

Yes, you're right - the water is that low very seldom here at the baltic see. Can probably only get out in the evening due to familiy duties :unsure: I'll try, never the less :wink:

Thanks and a happy new year!

75kmh windspeed at 4°C - boy it was freezin'!

When I arrived at the beach I was totally disappointed. The water was coming back in, no sandbank, maybe 1-2m more sand to hunt. And then after 15min at the waterline.. boom!

7FAA36D5-A4AB-473E-A9EB-25021A685F60_zps

0044EAD7-AD5D-458F-9BF7-5DD417CFA5D9_zps

18k white gold wedding band with a nice stone. What a start at the first day of the year :cool:

It came in at 14. I wonder what still lies in the water at that beach...

• Like 7