Radio Shack Mini Speaker On The SDC 2300

~LARGO~

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the photo!

As far as the little amplifier causing your odd sounds, I doubt if it would be an issue. Turn on your detector and your little RS amp at the same time, and see what it sounds like, then turn the RS amp off, listen again to see if it makes a difference in your erratic response.

As far as the aluminum bracket mount, it is possible that the coil sees it, causing the erratic sound, like a coil being held close to an aluminum can, and the distance never changing. If you could remove the aluminum can, and still maintain the exact same distance, your audio should change. It isn't like the test where if you taped a nickel on a coil, it won't make a difference in the audio, as the nickel on the coil is intimately close to the coil, where your aluminum bracket is not close, it is 2 feet or so away from the coil.

Get some polycarbonate, from which to replace your aluminum bracket, from a plastics supply house, perhaps Lowes or Home Depot. The material should be at least 1/4"inch thick, which should give you a robust mount that shouldn't flex much if any. Don't use Plexiglas as it can fracture when drilling it.

Hope you have a great day!

Gary/Largo

• 2 weeks later...

"After looking at my setup...I am going to take this rig off and see if it is the cause of the incessant warble I get.

Maybe that speaker and aluminum are being picked up by the coil...."

Well...

Cut off aluminum and detector quieted down immediately. ...thanks Gary

Never would have thought it being that far away...

Plus I used my Kleer TDK headphones today on the 3500 and they were fun....very light rig