1/8” Male Mono To 1/4” Female Stereo Adapter

According to this thread the Planet Waves 1/4" Female Stereo 1/8" (3.5mm) Male Mono adapter works with the Equinox for adapting most standard 1/4” detector headphones. The connection will not be waterproof. I found them on this website for $4.95 with free shipping. I have not tried these personally and have not ordered from this vendor myself so take it for what it’s worth.

81282FE9-AA3C-4F38-8662-657E95A2FE56.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Steve, yep, I wasn't sure about the stereo-to-stereo, but I THOUGHT the mono-to-stereo should turn off the external speaker.  But, when I posted about that specific adapter over in the other thread, I was not POSITIVE.  So, to be SURE, I just checked, and indeed -- this adapter WILL turn off the external speaker on the EQ while sending good audio to the headphones.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Bummer, since a 1/8” male mono to 1/4” female stereo adapter is hard to find. Stereo to stereo is much easier, but may or may not shut the speaker off depending on how they are wired. I believe Equinox is similar to CTX, GPZ, and Gold Monster in this regard.

minelab-ctx-gpz-wireless-module-headphone-wiring-page-2.jpg

• Like 1

On  the stereo jack you have 3 wire connectors and on the mono 2.   Looks like you can just squash two together and solder one wire then attach the other to the other wire connector.   Kind of like a CTX connector..... you solder 2 pins together and the other pin for the other wire.   

This one will work also, but two things...

1.  It ships from China, so it takes awhile; 

2.  For this one to work, you have to unscrew the metal "cover" over the 1/8" jack end, and then remove it.  With the metal outer cover on the 1/8" end, it's too big to fit in the the Equinox jack.  But, if you unscrew and remove it, it fits perfectly.

Price is right, at $2.69...

Steve

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Aux-6-35mm-1-4-Female-to-3-5mm-1-8-Male-Stereo-Headphone-Adapter-Cable/252490185636?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Here's the one I've used connecting WM08 to aftermarket (Sunray Pro Gold) headphones.  Worked just fine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000068O6B/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 2

GB --

That one has a stereo male connection.  It WILL work just fine with the WM08; the part I'm not sure about is whether it will kill the external speaker on the Equinox, if you plug it direct into the control box...

Steve