Which Frequency Is Running In Each Mode?

.... over the weekend I switched through my 3 test items is Spectrum V3 with 12x10 and 6x10 sniper coils, tecnetics G2 with 11dd and 13 ultimate, and Rutus Optima with 29CM DD - and I can tell from Equinox that in this test over them reserve even when the Spectra with 12x10 bits takes the best  signal denar and  earrings- for 1F -7.5 khz--the multifrequency  for V3 Spectra its less deph and accuracy  ID in depth as one frequency- this is probably the only  lack of Spectra. Rutus Optima on DD29 also takes a denar and a earrings coil just above the ground but with a good ID - it's a good detector ... Pretty surprised by the tecnetics G2 with the 13 ultimate- taking the denar and the  earrings  a good and stable ID with even a coil a little bit over the ground-normal sweep- is a significant difference compared to the standard 11DD coil-you have already swept the ground to get some occasional positive signal .... what also surprised me on G2 of the 13 final sometimes got the signal also at a .0.05gram -lthough id was at 70 but it was .. -not in vain it's a gold detector .. Wink -this tested detectors were set to maximum sensitivity-but I skipped for sure a little less sensitivity ..- when I sum up the Equinox on sensitivity from 19 and it does not take 2 but all 3  deph test items with exact ID, I see it as it's uniquely great advantage ... :smile:

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

On 4/7/2018 at 7:21 PM, vive equinox said:

I want To know that for the multi IQ . 

I suspect park 1 ,field 1 , beach 1 and 2 .

To no run in 40khz in his multi.

So i dont understand why minelab tell the 5 frequency run in multi ? 

I wonder what are the combination?  

2? 3 ? 4 ?  Frequency?  And wich frequency? 

Now i think some people must know that.  It can be helpful for choosing the good mode. 

Anyone have an idea ? 

Without Minelab’s white paper articles, it’s difficult to be sure so we all tend to apply educated-guesstimates. For keeping it simpler, just consider the Nox800. 

Since v3.x, the lowest single freq is 4kHz (3.7kHz). 5Fx8 is not accurate. I suggest using 3.7 [not 4] to determine ratio or range. IMHO, range ratio is 11, therefore marketing icon might be 6Fx11.

Y’all agree?

What interest me more is the use of -3db Half-Power Level for determining the exact preferred frequency. I assume it is used in terms of single and Muli-IQ frequencies.

I will finish this thread below on Andy’s reply.

Thanks 

3 hours ago, GrievousAngel said:

Y’all agree?

No.  Minelab has already stated the individually selectable single frequencies (or their range ratios, i.e., the Marketing term "5Fx8", which Minelab treats in its literature as a "technology" distict from "Multi-IQ") have no direct link to the base frequencies used in Multi IQ.  Take 4 khz, it was introduced 2 years after the release of the Equinox.  That update that introduced it did not appreciably change Multi IQ mode behavior.  Though you could argue it was in Multi-IQ all along,, who knows..  Minelabs not saying.  At the end of the day, the actual base frequencies and number of discrete frequencies that comprise any Simultaneous Multifrequency Frequency implementation matters little to the end user if the manufacturer is not willing to be explicit about it and as long as the mode behaves generally as described (Park 1/Field 1 favoring high conductors, larger targets>implying low frequency weighting; Park 2/Field 2 favoring mid conductors, smaller targets>implying high frequency weighting) and has good signal processing algorithms.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

No.  Minelab has already stated the individually selectable single frequencies (or their range ratios) have no correlation to the base frequencies used in Multi IQ.  Take 4 khz, it was introduced 2 years after the release of the Equinox.  That update that introduced it did not appreciably change Multi IQ mode behavior.  At the end of the day, the actual base frequencies and number of discrete frequencies that comprise any Simultaneous Multifrequency Frequency implementation matters little to the end user if the manufacturer is not willing to be explicit about it and as long as the mode behaves generally as described (Park 1/Field 1 favoring high conductors, larger targets>implying low frequency weighting; Park 2/Field 2 favoring mid conductors, smaller targets>implying high frequency weighting) and has good signal processing algorithms.

I think we are saying about the same thing. The 4kHz (3.7kHz) signal is available for use as a single frequency, but is not used the detectors algorisms for weighing in each mode/profile. Using 3.7 the ratio (range dependent) works out with proper rounding but is just a marketing thing, eg., Nox800 with 3.7kHz addition, the 5Fx8 could/would be considered 6Fx11.

Billy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrievousAngel said:

I think we are saying about the same thing.

Billy,

Yes, pretty much.  All I'm saying is that the individual selectable frequencies and the marketing term 5Fx8 are separate and distinct from Multi-IQ.  About the only thing you can infer is that the various Multi-IQ modes in total, roughly cover the 4 to 40 khz range.

3 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

No.  Minelab has already stated the individually selectable single frequencies (or their range ratios, i.e., the Marketing term "5Fx8", which Minelab treats in its literature as a "technology" distict from "Multi-IQ") have no direct link to the base frequencies used in Multi IQ.  Take 4 khz, it was introduced 2 years after the release of the Equinox.  That update that introduced it did not appreciably change Multi IQ mode behavior.  Though you could argue it was in Multi-IQ all along,, who knows..  Minelabs not saying.  At the end of the day, the actual base frequencies and number of discrete frequencies that comprise any Simultaneous Multifrequency Frequency implementation matters little to the end user if the manufacturer is not willing to be explicit about it and as long as the mode behaves generally as described (Park 1/Field 1 favoring high conductors, larger targets>implying low frequency weighting; Park 2/Field 2 favoring mid conductors, smaller targets>implying high frequency weighting) and has good signal processing algorithms.

Is Beach 1 & 2 then a different range or does the salt ‘balance’ make the only difference? Thanks 

2 hours ago, FloridaSon said:

Is Beach 1 & 2 then a different range or does the salt ‘balance’ make the only difference? Thanks 

It appears to be a different low frequency weighted spectrum than Park/Field 1, but how different depends on who's taking the measurement.  The other thing beach modes utilize is transmit power reduction to facilitate black sand handling.  Beach 2 is more aggressive in this respect to better handle fluctuating salt levels in saturated sand and surf.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

...Beach modes utilize is transmit power reduction to facilitate black sand handling.  Beach 2 is more aggressive in this respect to better handle fluctuating salt levels in saturated sand and surf.

I've attached below the pertinent(?) part of the Equinox Instruction Manual ('user manual') that covers the two beach modes.  I can't find there that Beach 1 has its transmit power reduced.  (Beach 2, yes.)  Chase, is this something you've uncovered or learned from a different source?

494996037_Screenshotat2022-01-17085718.thumb.png.6640c8662347dd077c51b1ae5c856017.png

• Like 1

Bea

47 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

I've attached below the pertinent(?) part of the Equinox Instruction Manual ('user manual') that covers the two beach modes.  I can't find there that Beach 1 has its transmit power reduced.  (Beach 2, yes.)  Chase, is this something you've uncovered or learned from a different source?

494996037_Screenshotat2022-01-17085718.thumb.png.6640c8662347dd077c51b1ae5c856017.png

Always the stickler.  I appreciate that about you, Chuck.  Keeping me honest to a fault.  :smile:.  You are right about the basic Beach mode descriptions, with Beach 2 having lower transmit power by default.  I was mostly speaking Beach generically to keep things simple as I was trying to avoid detailed explanations of the nuanced differences between the two beach modes in order to keep my answer to the other question concise.  The way I phrased it in my answer, though, could imply that both Beach modes invoke transmit power reduction by default.  That was not my intent, but I got sloppy I guess.  But the devil is in the details...

As you probably also recall, both Beach modes also have the black sand beach overload feature that also automatically dials back transmit power if the coil senses extreme mineralization, as described in the "Difficult Areas - Black Sand" inset below:

1112264580_SmartSelect_20220117-093801_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.6e9592d9cb96e93445112ae59d20031c.jpg

Unfortunately, you didn't include that in your clip from the manual.  Providing it here for completeness.  I could be reading it wrong because it just says "Beach Mode" but I assume it applies to both Beach 1 and Beach 2.  But yeah, to be clear,  unlike Beach 2, Beach 1 does not have transmit power reduction invoked by default, it only comes into play when black sand is sensed to the degree Beach Overload appears. HTH

• Like 3