Another Tool In The Tesoro Tool Box

I have a tesoro vaquero and i was looking for everyones thoughts on what other tesoro would be complimentary to the vaquero for another tool in the tesoro tool box?

I used to have a Tesoro Vaquero and actually found a few gold nuggets with it. At 14 kHz and with manual ground balance it is a decent little prospecting detector as well as being good for coins, jewelry, and relics. As far as Tesoro goes it’s about all a person needs unless you are just looking to have another detector. That being the case though I have no idea which other Tesoro you might find appealing. Once upon a time I wanted to give the DeLeon a spin but I don’t see that happening now.

tesoro-vaquero-black-metal-detector.jpgtesoro-vaquero-specifications-features.jpgtesoro-vaquero-controls.jpg

Fish, it really depends on what type of hunting you want to do.  In my opinion, the Vaq covers the bases pretty well.  I have owned a Bandido II and still have a Silver Sabre microMax, as well as a compadre.  Others like the Mojave or Tejon as well, though I haven't spent much time with those machines.  One way to customize your machine would be to get additional coils.. I have the 12x8 and the 5.75 both in widescan and concentric, and there aren't many sites I feel limited in with those tools. 

Some great information from Monte and others in a previous thread that I started (link below if you haven't read it). 

Tim.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...