Sign in to follow this  
Fskafish

Another Tool In The Tesoro Tool Box

I have a tesoro vaquero and i was looking for everyones thoughts on what other tesoro would be complimentary to the vaquero for another tool in the tesoro tool box?

I used to have a Tesoro Vaquero and actually found a few gold nuggets with it. At 14 kHz and with manual ground balance it is a decent little prospecting detector as well as being good for coins, jewelry, and relics. As far as Tesoro goes it’s about all a person needs unless you are just looking to have another detector. That being the case though I have no idea which other Tesoro you might find appealing. Once upon a time I wanted to give the DeLeon a spin but I don’t see that happening now.

tesoro-vaquero-black-metal-detector.jpgtesoro-vaquero-specifications-features.jpgtesoro-vaquero-controls.jpg

Either a PI or water machine?

Fish, it really depends on what type of hunting you want to do.  In my opinion, the Vaq covers the bases pretty well.  I have owned a Bandido II and still have a Silver Sabre microMax, as well as a compadre.  Others like the Mojave or Tejon as well, though I haven't spent much time with those machines.  One way to customize your machine would be to get additional coils.. I have the 12x8 and the 5.75 both in widescan and concentric, and there aren't many sites I feel limited in with those tools. 

Some great information from Monte and others in a previous thread that I started (link below if you haven't read it). 

Tim.

• Like 1

Not sure which coil you currently have but the smaller 5.75" coil might find some targets that the larger factory coils missed.  Still gets very good depth, but will separate targets much better.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By GlazedTofu
      Found at old pre 1900 coal mining ghost town in Washington state.  I have no idea how old this is but we did have a lot of Chinese miners at this site. 

Anyone have some some knowledge I’d love to hear it!

• By Propjob
      Well , I was using explorer xs to work in the test garden and noticed half the screen went out. Discovered that a couple of the plastic bosses  for the screws in the control head had broken, allowing the pc board to separate.  On last ditch effort to repair would be to replace plastic control housing if cost effective. So looking to purchase a front half for the control housing..  This is the plastic that the keypad attaches too.  I would consider a parted machine if not cost prohibitive.  I am kind of attached to the xs , and was trying to keep as a backup, but I think it is P......d because the nox  is the new kid.  Prop
    • By M1dn1ghtN1nj4
      So my next project is nearly complete already.  I've designed a "mini gold cube".  Same general idea and layout, but each "tray" is only 11" long, and 6" wide.  About half the width of the real Gold Cube.  The underflow loop is exactly the same dimensions as the Gold Cube as well, to make calculations easier.
      I've read that the Gold Cube is set to run on 1100GPH.  Since mine is half that width, I would assume that 500GPH would be fine.  Also, my trays are set at 9 degrees (just how it worked out).
      Is that an appropriate flow rate?

• By Alluminati
      Here is another one for you guys to figure out. I haven't the slightest clue, this one makes my head hurt.
      It was found in the water. This old bay has an insane asylum built on it dating from the late 1800's. It is also has a ghost town, a failed colonial type trading settlement dating from around 1825. Before that it was a native village but I think it's safe to say this is not native American.
      It has three stars, or starfish? and a small hole on each side.
      It measures about an inch across.
      It weighs about 17 grams but has at least some sand and clay remaining inside.
      There is no way you guys are going to guess what it is.

• By Hard Prospector
      I've been a dedicated White's guy for over 20 years of detectors;  GM VSAT,  GMT,  MXT,  TDI, TDI SL (X2) , TDI PRO, SGT and the GMZ....(remember that detector?) so I suppose I feel just a bit  "entitled" to talk a little bit  $h*T  here.  I  know the company's gone through engineering and management upheavals in recent years anyway,  staying  loyal to this company as been a tough journey.  I'm glad they finally  did something to up date the Goldmaster series with the 24k. Five to ten years too late......maybe and time will tell. The industry has changed in a big way in just the last year.  Too bad they couldn't have also made the appropriate  power and tuning up grades to the TDI SL  as well  (which has already been done  by talented do - it- yourself tinkerers out there and sold on ebay).  I know the SL now comes with new paint and a straight rod ......so what!  I just could not wait any longer and anyone who watches the classifieds has seen my TDI fire sale  recently. Sorry for the "sour grapes attitude" but I just had to vent. On a more positive note  and for this single frequency detector,  I can see the 24K showing good promise in tailing pile work.  Sorry for the rant,  its been building for a LONG time! 
    • By Alluminati
      Today I had a look at the shaft that my father put together for his 800. I thought it turned out very well, so I thought I would take a few pictures to share here.
      We looked at a few options but ultimately thought a true one piece shaft was best and easiest.
      Based on a previous conversation I had with an experienced water hunter on here, we figured it would be alright to run the carbon fiber almost all the way to the coil.
      The lower fiberglass factory shaft was cut down to about 6" and secured into the inanimate carbon tube with epoxy. This, along with the lack of clamps really reduced the weight. A couple of holes for the armrest and pod completed the project. Looks like he even got the button on the end of the shaft too.
      I will be doing something similar with mine, although I still think I want to try a kevlar shaft just for fun as it is basically transparent to RF.
      I'm in the process of finding one with the right diameters tonight. The main thing for me is to get the 0.875" O.D. (~22mm) to fit the pod, i can modify the lower piece if need be, or print a new one.
      I'll also tilt the handle a little bit towards myself.
      I love this because it is light and simple.