Rye Patch ?

Thank you i will check it out. I printed some off My Land Matters today too.

I'm thinking about going to Rye Patch in the fall.  There's a big detecting rally there each year in the fall, it's free and from what I've heard it's a great event.  Probably a good way to break the ice there for me. 

Found the link to it for this years Rye Patch Nugget Shoot Out:

http://renoprospectinganddetecting.com/rye-patch-nugget-shoot/

Interestingly I've been all over Nevada, but I've heard that Rye Patch in particular is really tough on tires. I've heard countless stories of multiple flats on one vehicle on one trip.  What's up with that? 

• Like 1

There must be a Lot of sharp rocks in the area that cause all the flats. Thanks for the info on the Fall get together.

The flats are caused either by cheap tires or speeding or both. I have a 4Runner with a good set of Michelin steel belted radial tires, and stay at lower speeds like about 35 mph max. I have had one trailer tire pop but no vehicle tire failures in five years of driving out in that country. And I get way back in on some barely visible tracks.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good to know Steve, but i still think i will carry a couple truck spares just in case. I have that kinda luck. lol

8 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

I'm thinking about going to Rye Patch in the fall.  There's a big detecting rally there each year in the fall, it's free and from what I've heard it's a great event.  Probably a good way to break the ice there for me. 

Found the link to it for this years Rye Patch Nugget Shoot Out:

http://renoprospectinganddetecting.com/rye-patch-nugget-shoot/

Interestingly I've been all over Nevada, but I've heard that Rye Patch in particular is really tough on tires. I've heard countless stories of multiple flats on one vehicle on one trip.  What's up with that? 

Yes there is. It will be in September this year. It is my gold club that puts it on each year. It is totally free to attended. We also have a guy that goes out there and cook tri tp sandwiches. You have to buy those unless your his detecting partner like me. ? got to love those perks. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The flats are caused either by cheap tires or speeding or both. I have a 4Runner with a good set of Michelin steel belted radial tires, and stay at lower speeds like about 35 mph max. I have had one trailer tire pop but no vehicle tire failures in five years of driving out in that country. And I get way back in on some barely visible tracks.

Good to know.  I have a Toyota FJ Cruser TRD with Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain tires with Kevlar sidewalls, so should do OK.

I've offr-oaded into some crarzy places in Nevada,  and never had a flat yet (knock on wood) but you hear a lot of stories about flats at Rye Patch.