Consolidated Thread For Issues / Bugs / Flaws .. ?

Sinclair

I would think the manufacturing facilities would be temperature and humidity controlled, wherever they are. Well, after replacing a bunch of heads with this screen issue, ML will no doubt see that more care is taken.

I have heard of a half dozen or so units now but the individuals who I have contacted are electing to keep the units they have and persevere , foolishly in my opinion , instead of returning them to Minelab. The spot on mine continued to grow and became very visible after about an hour of use. It sounds like it is heading eventually to Australia now. Ambient humidity here is well below 10% about 80% of the time so , if moisture was the issue , it came from the factory. I was surprised when reading the history and technical aspects involved in LCD screens , very old but very complicated as well when applied to manufacturing.

There are no humidity issues in a plant that makes microprocessors or does electronic assembly. Ever heard of a clean room environment. 

Who dreams up this stuff about the manufacturing in a humid manf plant. 

Hmm... to me that looks more like some kind of material stress rather than an humidity issue.

No I didn't :cool:

• 1 month later...

Here's a new one.  

Factory reset my 600 today.  Park 1,2 and Field 1 started in 10khz. Park 2 and Field 1 kept previous disc settings.

Each time I factory reset less memory would get recalled from previous settings.  I had to reset 4 time before previous settings were completely wiped.  I have not checked after my 1.5 hour hunt this afternoon to see if any old settings have returned.

Sure am hoping this instability is not indicative of bigger issues!

I just received the 800 and noticed two bubbles on the screen.  Took it out anyway yesterday for the first time and found a 14K, diamond and ruby ring at a hammered Southern California beach even though I didn't know a thing about the machine.  Love the beach 1 mode.

Will using a hair dryer on the display invalidate the warranty?

Thanks for all your helpful comments.

Starting today any new threads about issues that have already been reported and discussed multiple times will be moved to threads that already exist....

I Just Did A Coin On Edge Test - anything to do with problems detecting items “on edge” of vertically oriented.

Loose Rods, Wobbly Rods, Rod Flex - any issues with rod construction or ergonomics.

Will Minelab Roll Out A Fix For Depth? - for anyone unhappy about the accuracy of the depth meter.

Issues with trash reading as your favorite target may get moved to an existing thread, especially as regards nickels or the $2 Euro.

I am not trying to squash bug reports, real or perceived, but we don’t need repeated threads on the same subject when all these subjects have been known and discussed now for months. Post away as you see fit, but if you start a new thread about the Equinox rod don’t be surprised if I notify you that it got moved to the existing thread.

If you are new to the forum, please use the search function or peruse older threads before alerting the people here to the “new issue” that everyone here has already heard about.

Now if it really is “new news” on any of those subjects, that’s another thing. Again, don’t worry about any of this, post away... I will sort out the details. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I am not trying to squash bug reports, real or perceived, but we don’t need repeated threads on the same subject when all these subjects have been known and discussed now for months. Post away as you see fit

Of course we need to report issues. Photos are great.

I guess my post was not clear. Repeating the rod thing over and over will not get it fixed any faster or any better. If people want to keep repeating it that’s fine, but do it all in one thread. Each and every person with a rod issue need not report it separately in new threads. Frankly it’s beating a dead horse - Minelab got the message after the first two reports and has been on it.

This bubble thing is something relatively new and not at all what the intent of my post was about. This comment also is not aimed at you Simon - anyone with a brand new Equinox and bubbles appearing on screen, be sure the protective plastic film has been removed. Or that a screen protector has not been added, with bubbles under the protector.