Aldi is selling a very nice digger shovel for only $8.

Good deal, would pick one up if there was an Aldi's around here.  

Nice buy for $8

Not sure why they put a "D" handle on a long handle though........  No leverage.

I sure hope you don't take that shovel to a park!

A good one for digging clams !!!

OK I felt I should post a photo of my digger I bought at Hm. Depot, Just cut a bit off handle to fit me, and wrapped top of handle with padding so it is also comfortable to dig with.   :cool:

20180518_075310_resized.jpg

I found the best shovel from a company called Radius Garden the shovel is called the root slayer. It is amazing how it cuts thru roots and everything that gets in its way. and the round handle is so comfortable. And has shown itself to be super strong, I pry up rocks and things with it no problem. And easily cuts a nice plug even with small roots in the hole

slayer shovel1.jpg

slayer shovel2.jpg

The shovel has to dig, AND make a nice replaceable plug. That Aldi shovel is NOT going to do that job well.
Remember, we have to be conscious of leaving no trace of our digging!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Dan(NM)
      I'm in the process of moving to Texas and will be very close to Lake Travis. I need to add to my gear a decent sand scoop for fresh water hunting, can someone recommend one that won't break the bank.  I'm not sure what type of soil/sand/dirt I'm going to encounter, so, I may have to wait until I get over there later this month, thanks.
    • By oneguy
      18" or 24"...….any preference and if so, why?????  Thanks!!!
    • By Luis
      After I've broken several times, I've done this reinforcement. I hope it lasts a long time

• By tvanwho
      http://www.equiteemfg.com/shaken-rake-sand-sifting-tool-motorized-efficient-sand-sifting-rake/

Motorized sifting plastic tined rake with screen for beach or cleaning horse barns, might be handy for small placer gravel mining and beach detecting too ?
    • By foreverteachable
      For the longest time since I purchased my first metal detector in 1997 I've been either using my pockets or those cheap pouches that come when you buy a new metal detector. Today I bought a couple $10 pouches and used my wading belt for fly fishing. A tool belt will probably work just as good but I have my tool belt full of all the stuff that I need and I didn't feel like emptying them out 🙂 I also bought a dandelion tool to help me dig around some of those deep targets and not ruin them. I also put a folding saw on order with a 7-inch blade because sometimes you run into a root. It is tough when you know it's a really good find and can't get to it or worse yet, put a gash in an 1875 IH that was in mint shape. Believe it or not I've had to walk away not having the proper tools and not made it back. I also put some extra dry paper towels in a plastic bag and paper towels soaked with vegetable oil in another bag the preserve relics. I have an old retainer case for good finds and also a couple Airborne containers for coins. You can separate the coins with bits of paper towel if you want. It would be cool to see what other people use for their detecting tools. I think I'm only missing a spray bottle of distilled water. Feel free to post pics or share what works for you.

• By Andy2640
      Apologies if im posting a lot, but im really into this hobby. 
      My finds arent stunning by any means, but it does show that this machine is very capable!  Its only a matter of time before the treasure is found, hehehehehe.
      Cheers Peeps!
      Edit: You may think this is a lot of finds for the amount of time ive been hitting it, but kindly take note, i was informed one location was the spot of an old wishing well.  LOL.
      Andy