Great report and congratulations on your first V Nickels and Indian Steve..  I have also found that the older Buffalo and V Nickels have leaned more 12 then 13 in Park 1 and the tones often sound a bit special..  I really like the 50 Tones Audio on the Equinox..  The deeper Nikels just have a warm fullness to them that you don’t want to pass on..  I remember the Gold Coin I found also had that same warm, smooth fullness to the signal that I was aware of at the time.. 

Bryan

• Like 2

great hunt! I can only imagine the thrill you had when those V nick's jumped out. I would venture there are many more like it still out there given most people's propensity to only cherry pick for silver. My father in law would only dig a nickel if 95% of it was uncovered because to him it was always going to be a pop top/piece of trash. Things are going to be picking up for you Steve for sure.

• Like 2

Love this post Steve!  Thank you for sharing your experience and your settings.  Tim.

Are you hooked on park hunting yet?  It is my favorite thing when I am on a nasty dry streak on permissions; go to a park.  Here is a hunt with my 3030 a week before the 800 came in.  It will probably still be my favorite slump busting machine for park hunts! :)  

15 wheat 1 IHC and 1 buff.  The wheat on the left are 16, 16, 11 no mint mark.

20180326_173629.jpg

• Like 4

20180326_173641.jpg

20180326_173554.jpg

• Like 5

Steve --

SUPER report!  So glad you got a couple of "firsts!"  You gotta love that!!  I am also finding that shallow nickels are rock-solid 13s, while deeper ones that have been in the ground awhile have at least some "12" numbers associated with them...

And I MIGHT be just starting to imagine/clue into the possibility that there perhaps just might be subtle tone differences between a 13 nickel, and a 13 tab...

Vez -- NICE digs!

Steve

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1