A Detector For Mom In Law

Thank you sir klunker. I will. I won a 505 in a raffle and my wife likes it. So now mom want to go out too. I'm not real sure how much she will like it or even go out. But she has expressed interest in it. Just don't want to overspend on it.

From the statement you just made it's appears to me that the Ace series is the detector to buy for your MIL, they are a great value for the money and work very well for their price range, easy to operate for a beginner and can be sold as used for little lost in investment if your MIL losses interest, or you can keep it for friends to try out their hand at a new hobby!!!

• Like 1

Tesoro Compadre is the cheapest and easiest to use and great discrimination,Only 1 control knob.Great for hunting tot lots and playgrounds and decent depth. Have heard it can even see match head size gold nuggets.Super liteweight, like 2 pounds, lifetime warranty.

Does the Ace still go Beep, Beep, Beep all the time?      Gave one to my mother and it drove her crazy. She was used to the old Whites coinmaster. She put it(the Ace) in the closet and never used it.

Yeah, something wrong. The Ace is a simple silent search machine. Totally silent except when over a target.

Believe it or not I had a blast with the Ace 250. Actually a unit I would have not problem using as a park jewelry hunter where depth is not the goal. Very impressive unit for the price.