13 hours ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

Steve's pick holder is the best one I have ever seen.  light,simple, non metalic. I like it Steve. Did you make it or buy it?

On 4/14/2018 at 4:42 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Mine is just a simple nylon strap on a belt loop. Non-metallic and you can stuff it in a pocket. I have one on all my detector belts.

On Amazon

9B9BF6E1-5304-4D43-9305-890E6583BDF0.jpeg

As said in the last post, I did not make it, but link in the last post does not have a way to buy. The Amazon link above works. They were hard to find for some time and I was happy to grab a couple more when I found them again.

steves-metal-detecting-bag.jpg

I will note a word of "buyer beware" warning in two points concerning Jobe, the vendor.

1. The most recent Amazon comment on the item complains that the item is cheaply made and fell apart in 1 day.
2. Last year Jobe purchased a box of my books from me (several hundred dollars) and then refused to pay for them, though they continue to sell my book. They owe the magazine a much more considerable sum for advertising never paid for.

I mean no insult and, in fact it saddens me to report these facts. Jobe was for many years a great supplier of all sorts of products to prospectors. Still, in general, a business that buys goods and services and then refuses to pay for them is in pretty bad shape and may not last. Few suppliers will keep selling goods to businesses that do not pay for them.

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

Thank you for the heads up Chris.  It really is helpful to hold companies as well as individuals accountable.  Honestly I’m amazed they did this to you regarding your book. 

Mike

And its not just a late payment sort of thing - they've had those books and been selling them for about a year.

A lot of small prospecting stores are going through lean times, though some are better off than others. A couple weeks back, I did a GPAA show in Phoenix for the ICMJ. Many of the prospecting shops that always attend these shows were not around. There is just not the number of new prospectors coming into try their hand. The gold price, which has been fluctuating between $1150 and $1350 for the last 5 years, just doesn't spark the interest to attract new folks to try their hand at finding gold. Most of the folks that attended the GPAA show were long time prospectors who already have the equipment they want or can afford, and they dont buy as much new stuff. Its the excitement of a crazy high gold price and new guys coming into prospecting that really drive sales.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1

OK I have what I like to use for a pick holder. But I can't seem to find the pick I would like to use. And that pick is the one I see being used by the folks down under, with something around a 18" to 24" handle, anybody have a supplier here in the states that sells them, or know of a supplier that ships them to the states ?

1 hour ago, Dig It said:

OK I have what I like to use for a pick holder. But I can't seem to find the pick I would like to use. And that pick is the one I see being used by the folks down under, with something around a 18" to 24" handle, anybody have a supplier here in the states that sells them, or know of a supplier that ships them to the states ?

The Davsgold pick is the one! He's on the forum here, I think he'd send one to the states for you, it was pretty reasonable to get one sent to NZ for me.

• Like 2

Thanks Phrunt, , I'll check that out, been looking for one for awhile now, the couple I have just don't " Dig It " for me !!! Haha !!!!!!!!   :biggrin:

• Like 1

Davsgold       Gold Digger Picks. Contact him through PM. He is on this forum. ?

http://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t23582-gold-digger-picks?highlight=davsgold+picks

I can honestly vouch for them. Top quality. I have had mine for about two years....if not more & I haven't even put a dent in it & I use it a LOT. Loves bedrock. Rips it out effortlessly.:biggrin: Oh....& the gold:laugh:

20190310_145600

Mine has a 700 mm long handle. So whats that....28 inches?? They are usually about 24 inches. The longer handle gives better leverage & grunt in the deeper holes required for those Zed digs. :biggrin:

20190310_145410

JW :smile:

• Like 3

Got ahold of Davsgold & he got right bck. to me. Just finished money conversion chart for dimensions & money, now trying to figure out which size, and having the 2nd best thing to have if you can't hold one in your hand, is pictures just like you sent kiwijw, Thank You, seeing I'll be swinging the 7000 mostly my 1st nugget hunt coming up in May, unless raining out then the NOX 800 get's the day. So I think as soon as I'm done posting this I will order what Davsgold say's is their Medium size pick that's the 700mm long pick you mentioned kiwijw, so thanks guys, now I'll have the final piece to my conversion to full time detectorist. Thanks again been looking for these picks for while.... ( Can't believe how happy I am over a pick... Haha !!! I know I'm retired now !!!!!!! Lol !!!!!!!!!! )   :smile:

• Like 3

Yes Dig It, thanks for your interest, and thanks to John and Simon as well for there positive feed back.  I know you won't be disappointed with the medium size Gold Digger Pick, it is by far the most popular over here. ?

cheers dave 

• Like 3