Equinox Golden Mask Shaft Conversion

Condor

Steve - I get it, now.  You're saying the Equinox overall rides the edge as a hot detector so has a propensity to bump falsing depending on GB and gain settings.  As a global setting on Equinox, the gain was fixed when I was cycling through the modes and doing my "shake" false test so what I was seeing was the difference in local GB readings between the modes with the higher GB settings being most susceptible (makes sense when you think about it as you are trying to "punch through" the high ground phase reference to see targets so the machine gets sparky even though gain was not manually increased. It's more complicated than that, I know, but a crude attempt to conceptualize what is going on). 

Lowering sensitivity (gain), which I didn't do. could have compensated for bump falsing somewhat (with an obvious loss of target sensitivity), but it was the elevated GB setting that pushed it over the edge.  Again, the key is maximizing signal-to-noise ratio as much as possible, not just maximizing signal level (gain driven) which does nothing for you if you are also just increasing the noise floor.  So lowering sensitivity to get rid of even more noise, might make sense under the right circumstances.  Takes hours on the machine to get a feel for what works in this regard and what doesn't as operating a detector is constant balancing of a number of trade offs.

Thanks again for opening my eyes, Steve.  I'll figure it out eventually.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

... it's 28mm , ..  I have a golden mask with these carbon shaft  ... such a set to adjust handle to shaft Golden Mask is for sale ...I already ordered one .. I write more about it .. when it comes ..

konstrukce-teleskop-EQ-3.jpg

• Like 4

So, and the telescopic carbon shaft is home. The  Equinox is 57 cm long  for comparison,the weight is 1224 grams of 6 "coil..

September 7 iphone 5S 2018 005_DxO.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2018 at 9:32 AM, Gatev said:

Hi friends,yes Lovecpokladu are made on 3d print tools for golden mask shaft.I give you link,if someone want to order . 

F7A04159-3564-4AAC-9F3C-D8F309153D39.png

Hi. I already have an Equinox 800 and a golden mask rod. I have been pondering a good way to connect the two. Can I purchase only the printed adapter?

Yes you can, the price is about 15 Euros....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I will call there and ask ...

• Like 1