Equinox Golden Mask Shaft Conversion

Condor

14 hours ago, echidna said:

Don't think they ship overseas?

I believe you are right. I inquired, and after an initial response, 48 hours later they have responded no further. A member my save me by buying and sending to me. Thanks so much! Regardless of what our governments do, people of the world generally want to get along and help each other out!

5 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

I saw somewhere where someone used a mounting adapter that enables items to be attached to motorcycle handlebars as an adapter that can be used to mount the Equinox head unit to any diameter rod.  Search motorcycle parts shops to see what you can come up with.

Yes been looking at that option, although I'd like something made purposefully for the Nox.

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2018 at 2:04 PM, EL NINO77 said:

I will call there and ask ...

El Nino, Did you ever get a reply from them?  I also have a golden mask shaft and would like one of the printed adapters for the Equinox.  Their drop down box in their online ordering system does not list Australia as an option.

Finally I did it so that I bought a Big Equinox 15x12 coil for myself and one piece Equinox Adapter for the shaft of the Golden Mask, and that adapter sent my colleagues from this forum to the USA ..

November 18 iphone5S 2018 001_DxO.jpg

November 19 Iphone 5S 2018 001_DxO.jpg

9 hours ago, echidna said:

El Nino, Did you ever get a reply from them?  I also have a golden mask shaft and would like one of the printed adapters for the Equinox.  Their drop down box in their online ordering system does not list Australia as an option.

now I'll be forced to call them-call them, and let you know if the adapter is sending over the sea ... to Australia..

• Like 1

Hi all!

I just wanted to mention that there is another possible solution, though I'm not sure if it would work the way everyone would prefer, or not.

The issue I have found with the idea of a "middle" shaft telescoping into the "upper" shaft, is that the Equinox includes two "protrusions" into the upper shaft, that are problematic (with respect to the desire for a telescopic middle/upper rod)  One of these "protrusions is the arm cuff bolt, but the other, more difficult one, due to location, is the little "nipple" on the bottom of the handle assembly that protrudes into the inside of the upper rod.  Presumably, in the mods shown in this thread, that "nipple" was cut or sanded off, so as to allow the "middle" rod to "telescope" into the upper?

With the complete shaft system I'm working on, which will be ready soon, I had not been considering the idea of a "travel-rod-type" three-piece option, as it was my assumption that anyone wanting a "travel rod" would simply use the stock shaft (with that shaft already being able to be collapsed in a relatively compact manner).

HOWEVER, this thread suggests that there are folks who want something other than the Minelab shaft as a "travel shaft."   So, from that perspective, one option I could offer for a "custom" design would be a slightly shorter lower rod, which would telescope into the "upper" via a clamping cam lock (the same cam lock that will be included in the "standard" shaft setup I will offer).  HOWEVER, I could then also "split" the upper shaft into two roughly equal, relatively short lengths, via use of a stainless-steel threaded connector (similar to what I do with my CTX 3030 travel shafts -- see the attached picture).  I could locate this connector at a position within the upper shaft just "below" the handle assembly, similar in position to where the current "upper" twist lock is located on the stock Minelab shaft.  Built in this way, this would result in a compact, collapsible shaft system that would include a lower rod that telescopes into the "lower" section of the "upper" rod, and then -- by unscrewing via the connector -- two separate, relatively short sections of upper rod.  While the stainless connector would add a bit of weight, that weight would reside very close to the handle of the machine, thus not upsetting the "balance" of the machine in any way.

Anyway, this is another possible way of fulfilling an apparent desire amongst at least some Equinox users to have a fully collapsible, compact carbon-fiber shaft system.  If this is something anyone would be interested in, please contact me with your thoughts.

Thanks!

Steve

TravelRodCloseUp.jpeg