Equinox Golden Mask Shaft Conversion

Condor

Cal,

i'd have to disassemble everything to do a comparison weight between the two... I should have maybe thought of doing that first off but I didn't. I can tell you, I, myself, didn't notice a discernible difference in weight between the two shafts. 

Gerry

2 hours ago, gdzag said:

Cal,

i'd have to disassemble everything to do a comparison weight between the two... I should have maybe thought of doing that first off but I didn't. I can tell you, I, myself, didn't notice a discernible difference in weight between the two shafts. 

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

Would you happen to know the weight assembled with the factory 11" coil?  Then we could compare it to the advertised weight from Minelab.

Thanks,
Cal

• Like 1

There will be another Telescopic Equinox rod option available soon.  Hopefully by the end of April.   You won't need any adapters either.  I believe Serious Detecting will be the US supplier.   

Detectorbits Uk

February 6 · 

Totally Telescopic Equinox stem Currently in Manufacture at Detectorbits. Watch our website and Facebook pages at Detectorbits. Coming very soon. We have had it designed by an expert with some nice features that others do not have. Currently in manufacture and will not have any part 3D printed. Perfect for taking on a plane in your luggage and the Carbon has a nice two tone Red & Black colouring to it. The three piece stem has a unique feature running throughout its length Inside 
that makes it impossible to twist or wobble. For more details call Tony at Detectorbits for details or to get in the queue. Photos will follow very soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Swegin ... I saw her on minelab.forum - .. looks good ..

• Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 6:28 PM, Cal_Cobra said:

Hi Gerry,

Would you happen to know the weight assembled with the factory 11" coil?  Then we could compare it to the advertised weight from Minelab.

Thanks,
Cal

Cal,

The weight of my Minelab Equinox 800 on the "Golden Mask collapsible carbon fiber Equinox shaft" with the 11" coil attached is 3 lb 1.8 oz.

I weighed it 3 times same weight each time.

Best of luck,

Gerry

• Like 1

I looked it up.

The Equinox weighs 2.9 lbs as originally equipped.

The Minelab Equinox 800 on the "Golden Mask collapsible carbon fiber Equinox shaft" doing the conversion weighs 3.1125 lbs or rounding it to one decimal place... 3.1 lbs compared to an original/OEM shaft weight of 2.9 lbs

Gerry

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gdzag said:

Cal,

The weight of my Minelab Equinox 800 on the "Golden Mask collapsible carbon fiber Equinox shaft" with the 11" coil attached is 3 lb 1.8 oz.

I weighed it 3 times same weight each time.

Best of luck,

Gerry

That's only a couple of ounces more then the stock setup, probably not even noticeable.   

Thanks for weighing it, appreciate it.  I may have to get one of these, I like the ability to put it in a backpack. 

On 3/14/2019 at 1:58 PM, gdzag said:

Cal,

Gerry

Gerry I can weigh my EQ600 with the standard rod setup and you can weigh yours with the Golden mask. Do you have just the 11 inch coil or the 6inch on yours? I just got my 6 inch today so I can weigh both or even without. Let me know.