Equinox Issue With 2 Euro Coin & Trash Overlapping?

Pulltabs, bottle caps, and rusty bent nails--now, if Minelab (or anyone else) could produce a detector that keeps those firmly in non-coin segments of the ID scale, I would certainly want that machine. Probably not entirely possible, alas, and maybe it's more fun this way...

Minelab might be able to release firmware updates that were region-specific, to shift things somewhat to take into account local coinage; but I doubt it's going to do it.  Personally, I think we should lobby our governments to go back to making coins of silver and copper, or, at least, to use single metals all the way through. It's disgusting how quickly clad coins degenerate in the ground due to the "battery" effect.  

1 hour ago, Dubious said:

Pulltabs, bottle caps, and rusty bent nails--now, if Minelab (or anyone else) could produce a detector that keeps those firmly in non-coin segments of the ID scale, I would certainly want that machine. Probably not entirely possible, alas, and maybe it's more fun this way...

The thing is on all other detectors I have tested I have not had these problems with these specific type of targets. The VDI range for Euro coins (not counting the low value copper clad) is very tight, square tabs off modern beer cans are notably lower and crown caps are notably higher. Yes you will get exceptions to the rule but in general that rule applies to most detectors. With the nox everything just seams to grouped together in that mid range area. 

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

One tip I can help with. Target id numbers vary slightly between Search Profiles. Two items that read the same in Field 2 may read slightly differently in Park 1 for instance. This is due to different frequency weighting and the imperfection of target id normalization.

Also, Iron Bias is not just for iron. It has varying effects on different target types and so is worth experimenting with. Faster recovery speeds can also accentuate the differences between round targets and irregular shaped targets. Round items retain signal strength better at faster recovery speeds while irregular targets get weaker and jumpier.

Look at it this way Ringmoney - if you ditch the Deus for the Equinox the worst that can happen is you trade a machine you hate for another one you hate! :smile:

Yes we did notice that Park!/Field1 was best, it makes me wonder should we have being looking at the beach programmes now since they have an even lower frequency bias? Does Beach1 have a lower frequency weighting than Park1?? I know Beach2 has a lower weighting but transmit power is lower in Beach2??

Yes I could end up with a machine I also hated but the question is will it get the job done in this particular situation? I all ready know it will do a better job in most cases but this one situation is a deal breaker for me, so much so I will sacrifice all other types of detecting for it, hence why I am stuck with the awful French thing. We wont give up, we will put the nox through its paces and if it can be done it will be done.

I have had 2 x2 euro coins so far. Didn't notice the number but if they come in at 15 or 16 then that's like the 20p so I ain't fussed. 

I do however find the 705 better for dry beach coin hunting . at least on my beaches.

Out with the ET tomorrow for a change , its not been out since 30 September 2016 .

45 minutes ago, Nuke em said:

I have had 2 x2 euro coins so far. Didn't notice the number but if they come in at 15 or 16 then that's like the 20p so I ain't fussed. 

This is exactly what I am talking about, on other machines you will tell them apart. The Deus for example,

Beer can square tabs 48-52

Uk 20p coin = 55/56

Euro €2 = 68-70

Other Euro coins, old UK £1 an £2 = 70-79

Crown Caps = 82 and up.

The Equinox puts everything above in a small range 15-22, worse still, tabs, crown caps and €2 = 15-16???. They just seam to have crammed a whole VDI range into 2 VDI  numbers???

What do the £1 and £2 ring up on the Equinox?

I dig quite a few UK 20p coins, 99% I know what it is before digging, I only dig them just in case it might be a gold ring.

Its the same for all other detectors, ie Fisher, AKA, Rutus, Garreth Whites even other Minelabs, I have used there, not just the Deus. 

What do the £1 and £2 ring up on the Equinox?

I found £1 = 22 and £2 = 23 nice higher numbers so I know it should be a good find, however I understand about the old ring tabs coming in at 14 which is 9ct gold as well but its a learning curve ill have to get used to I guess.

• Like 2

Allez dans la pause de ton.  

T2=13

t3 =14

t4 = 23 

with that , all your euros coins have the same sound . Include the 2 euros.  

the pulltab have different sound .

you can adjust with tone  pitch and tone volume.  For example a bassy tone on the t2.  The pulltab sound generallywith the bassy sound and 2 others différents sound. The 2 euros sound High like the 1 e and 50 ct. 

You  cant go wrong with this settings. 

For the caps beer,  it's easy To ear. There are 3 know method. 

This settings work Well in beach, i dont try in other mode.  Test it. 

The problem in beach,  a gold ring can be in the pulltab id.  So ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vive equinox said:

with that , all your euros coins have the same sound . Include the 2 euros.  

the pulltab have different sound

I am pretty sure that won't work for round pulltabs.

Some square ones come in at 13/14, but the older ones do at 15/16/17. No chance with tone break there.. imho

1 hour ago, vive equinox said:

For the caps beer,  it's easy To ear. There are 3 know method. 

This settings work Well in beach, i dont try in other mode.  Test it. 

The problem in beach,  a gold ring can be in the pulltab id.  So ....

I do not want to hear bottletops at all - that would be perfekt :happy: - my fisher does better in this regard by at least factor 100.

Pulltab = ring has always been - no complaint there.. but pulltab = 2€ => pita

6 hours ago, Ringmoney said:

We wont give up, we will put the nox through its paces and if it can be done it will be done

Keep us updated - I'll try to fiddle a bit with the modes, too.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sinclair said:

Je suis sûr que ça ne marchera pas pour les pulltabs ronds.

Certains carrés arrivent à 13/14, mais les plus anciens le 15/16/17. Aucune chance avec le ton de pause là-bas .. imho

Je ne veux absolument pas entendre parler de bottletops - ce serait parfait :happy:- mon pêcheur fait mieux à cet égard au moins 100.

Pulltab = anneau a toujours été - pas de plainte là-bas .. mais pulltab = 2 € => pita

Tenez-nous au courant - Je vais essayer de jouer un peu avec les modes, aussi.

Yes the old pulltab are more high in ID , but honnestly there are not a problem . I dig more than 50 new pulltab in a hunt , only 1 or 2 old .

Rembember this guy want hunt festival , probably with the new pulltab . 

Anyway i dont understand his problem , Personnaly if i want hunt only euros coins, (we dont want the brown cents) , so  i dig all 15 to 23 and that's all . 

Ringmoney , do you hunt your festival for the gold too ? 

Just now, vive equinox said:

Yes the old pulltab are more high in ID , but honnestly there are not a problem . I dig more than 50 new pulltab in a hunt , only 1 or 2 old .

Rembember this guy want hunt festival , probably with the new pulltab . 

Anyway i dont understand his problem , Personnaly if i want hunt only euros coins, (we dont want the brown cents) , so  i dig all 15 to 23 and that's all . 

Ringmoney , do you hunt your festival for the gold too ? 

Yes you are correct, its a modern festival site so there are only modern square tabs on there. I have done over 1000 hours on there and only ever found 2 gold rings. I used to dig everything above and below the square tab, but I gave up digging the lower signals now. Its just not worth it. I have found 100's of silver rings etc but only the 2 gold rings, young people just don't ware gold,

Yes most square tabs are 13/14 but a high percentage are 15/16 which is the problem.