Equinox Issue With 2 Euro Coin & Trash Overlapping?

4 hours ago, niceguyfrankie said:

I found £1 = 22 and £2 = 23 nice higher numbers so I know it should be a good find, however I understand about the old ring tabs coming in at 14 which is 9ct gold as well but its a learning curve ill have to get used to I guess.

I have found £ coins at 21 to 23 . Ringmoney is right , most good beach targets are in a small area on the screen . Makes setting tones a pain . I now wont use my Equinox on the dry but only on the tidal parts of the beach where good targets are more likely than not . The tops "dry" are for the Terra 705 and the very wet the ET / Explorer and Nox .

I will still be getting my second Nox though . But the reasons aren't very positive really . 

Battery only 12 hours max "searches more than that in Summer nights " , spare stem and coil , basically a spare machine .

The only really positive reason is the weight . 

• Like 1

Been on the trash infested beach again today.

Some modern pulltabs do ring up at 16.

I've made a super-short video:

Today I've found 4 different types of square pulltabs within 2h:

8BA52DC3-860A-4DBB-888D-8992B814AC97_zps

They do suck bigtime!

ps:  Found no 2€ coin today, but 4x 1€ - NOXi seems to love 'em

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sinclair said:

Been on the trash infested beach again today.

Some modern pulltabs do ring up at 16.

I've made a super-short video:

Today I've found 4 different types of square pulltabs within 2h:

8BA52DC3-860A-4DBB-888D-8992B814AC97_zps

They do suck bigtime!

ps:  Found no 2€ coin today, but 4x 1€ - NOXi seems to love 'em

That is just mental torture looking at that and to think I have tens of 1000's of those on my site, let alone the crown caps :sad:

I would suggest you not pay too much attention to the adverse views of the Equinox on the Facebook site, there are a lot of nay-sayers that seem to congregate there.  

My very first use of the Equinox and very first time I found a solid tone was a 13 - us nickel.  The second find a little over a foot away was a nickel that kept fluctuating at 13 and 15 no matter which way I swept it.   It turned out to be a bent pulltab and nickel right next to each other maybe 5 inches down.  The third find was a modernish penny. 19/20 fluctuating but I didn't find anything near to it.  Field 2 but I had the sensitivity one click up from default, maybe 22 not sure.  When am I suppose to find a bunch of junk exactly?  This thing is crazy good.  Come back to me sunny weather!

I've played a bit with the modes, some pulltabs and some € coins today.

The only way to get rid of the pulltabs, if you are all about coinshooting, seems to be running the NOX on the lower frequencies in single mode.

At 5 kHz in Park1 f.e. the 2€ coin moves up to ID 21, while the pulltab stays at 16. I didn't measure - but by the feels of it, you loose a good bit of depth in single mode, plus all € coins will be squeezed in a small ID range from maybe 20-23 - I didn't take exact notes.

With higher frequencies, the ID of the 2€ coin drops step by step, so MF probably always tends to use the IDs of the higher frequencies.

Iron bias and recovery speed didn't change anything.

Some old german DM coins also settle in the pulltab-range..

• Like 1

Ah the dreaded 2€ coin and it’s nemesis the pulltab.

You can tell someone has walked the beach with a single frequency VLF when you’re finding 2€’s with the CTX. They disc out pulltabs :-)

Same with a BBS unit, a little too much pulltab disc and gone is the 2€ money maker.

When I’m hunting 2€ coins I just break out my CZ-6 with 8” coil. It hates steel crown caps and has a very exacting pulltab break off point.

Tried hunting parks with a Deus,... well that was a big mistake. Steel crown caps drop wright in where our former Belgian coins hit. And tracking was a bit,... euhm,... well it actually wasn’t :-)

Hunting parks for 2€ coins you need to use your sens like a disc,... too much and it will light up all the aluminium. No need for that :-)

I never had a problem with my entry-level fisher. Disc out iron and off you go - perfect coin shooter.

Maybe concentric coils do better, who knows.

I'll have a play on the beach in single freq. mode today.

• 2 weeks later...

I've made up a little clip showing the 2€ vs Pulltab problem:

19 hours ago, Sinclair said:

I've made up a little clip showing the 2€ vs Pulltab problem:

Good video Sinclair, you are exactly right.   I have had my Equinox 800 for 2 months now, detecting six days a week only on beaches and in the sea here in Spain.  The main difficulty in Beach 1 with the 2 € coins is that they sound more or less the same as a pulltab.  For the last 6 years I have used an AT Pro,  pulltab - 53   2€ - 65   1€ - 75, in addition pull tab has a distinct double tone and a harsh sound, and the iron audio button is much better at identifying beer bottle crown caps than the all metal button on the Equinox.

The Equinox goes deeper and is more sensitive and stable and is a great machine without doubt.  I am not trying to compare here, just giving my experience.  In my opinion for a machine that has two dedicated beach modes, it is not the best machine for coin shooting on dry sand.  I also have a problem in the sea in beach 2,  still trying to sort that one and will make a separate post about that later.

Happy hunting