Minelab Equinox 600 / 800 Best Screen Protector On The Market In USA - Deanos Review - Video

With the purchase of my new Minelab Equinox 600 (waiting for my 800 on backorder) I set out to find some needed but harder to find accessories.

I made this YouTube video of the Deanos cover, which as far as I can tell is the Only United States based manufacturer and seller of protective covers for the Minelab Equinox 600 / 800 control box.

I love this cover, very nicely constructed, heavy duty, and fits very tightly on the control box to it is highly unlikely you will get dirt, sand, or any other debris up under the cover and risk scratching your nice new screen/faceplate.

I am in NO way Affiliated with the Seller of this product, I simply like to pass information along when I find products that will help others in this great hobby.

Take Care and HH.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, chicoquadcore said:

Tell him "MiTreasureHunter" referred you. I am NOT Affiliated with the Seller in Any way!“

?

I am just a very happy customer and want him to know I am showing my appreciation by helping send people his way. I get nothing, nada, zip, zero! YouTube REQUIRES me to put that disclaimer in any videos that show products, that's the only reason that statement is even there.

I could honestly care less if you are affiliated with the seller or not, so let's stop all that. Looks like a decent product people here might be interested in. That's all that matters on this forum. Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting! :smile:

Minelab Equinox 600, 800 Screen & Touchpad Protector Cover USA Made

• Like 1

I bought one of his screen covers for my CTX.  VERY nice, indeed...

Steve

I will be using Equinox for gold prospecting and that can be hard on a detector, so a full pod cover seemed like a good idea to me for that use at least. One tip I will offer having done this before. A loose cover like this will get dust or even sand inside. This material trapped between the inside of the cover and the screen can abrade the screen. I therefore use a screen protector in conjunction with a full cover like this. The real reason for the cover is more to protect the keyboard from gritty gloves and the control box edges from getting beat up rolling around in the rock piles.

• Like 2

He got me too. Ordered!

33 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I will be using Equinox for gold prospecting and that can be hard on a detector, so a full pod cover seemed like a good idea to me for that use at least. One tip I will offer having done this before. A loose cover like this will get dust or even sand inside. This material trapped between the inside of the cover and the screen can abrade the screen. I therefore use a screen protector in conjunction with a full cover like this. The real reason for the cover is more to protect the keyboard from gritty gloves and the control box edges from getting beat up rolling around in the rock piles.

Steve -- excellent advice.  Agree TOTALLY -- and it's that "protect the keyboard and control box edges" reason I'm using one, as well.  I, like you, am using it in conjunction with a screen protector...

Steve