Minelab Equinox 600 / 800 Best Screen Protector On The Market In USA - Deanos Review - Video

On 4/22/2018 at 10:23 PM, Commonwealthdetector said:

I have both deanos and searcher screen cover and imho the searcher is built twice as good and a lot nicer just giving everyone a heads up! Now the deano came in 2,3 says the searcher came in 10 business days with no tracking number I did not like how that was but it came and is just a lot better protector imo and if I was a betting man it would be for most of y'all! Happy hunting

I live in the U.S. so I choose to support U.S. manufacturers and Sellers, that was the point of post.

It is well built, I like the design of the back being easily accessile to both the headphone jack and coil jack as well as the charging pad.

Someone was asking about glare, not sure if was regarding this product or the foreign one but I have not noticed the glare being any worse then without it on.

15 hours ago, MiTreasureHunter said:

I live in the U.S. so I choose to support U.S. manufacturers and Sellers, that was the point of post.

It is well built, I like the design of the back being easily accessile to both the headphone jack and coil jack as well as the charging pad.

Someone was asking about glare, not sure if was regarding this product or the foreign one but I have not noticed the glare being any worse then without it on.

I also live in the us and support usa made stuff of its superior in this case it's not imo.peace,love,bottle caps

• Like 1

I live in the US and support my pocket book.,, I don't care where it is made  i want the best for the least amount of money. Just cuz it's made in china or somewhere don't think it isn't US owned. Even it it isn't I don't care. If companies in this country want to manufacture something they will if not they let others use their names with licensing agreements 

18 hours ago, MiTreasureHunter said:

That was me and thanks for your comment.  I have a cover for my fisher F70 and when used in bright sunlight the glare makes it almost impossible to see the screen.  Nice to know this one doesn't have that problem.

• 4 months later...

I hope it's ok that I'm sparking a fire to an older thread, but I wanted to add my own two-cents to it. Perhaps some of the new Nox users like myself can find new value here as well. Being a somewhat new Nox 800 owner and always wanting to find a way to better preserve the life of my finer electronics, I too started looking at custom covers for the Nox control pad.

I bought the same one that a lot of you had and after using for a few weeks, I'm very pleased with it. It's a nice tight fit and provides great access to the charging port, the headphone jack and of course, the coil connector. The materials seem well made and the front plastic cleans up nice after your time detecting and you have some dusty prints on it ? 

As long as you don't go crazy with it and keep it clean, I can see it lasting a long time and providing a great ectra layer of protection that won't get in the way. Also, I think the glare is minimal. Here's a few pics I snapped. and a link to the vendor who is still selling them. I bet he or she is making a killing on these in the US ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Minelab-Equinox-600-800-Screen-Touchpad-Protector-Cover-USA-Made/123240175564

-Bill

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1296.jpg

I have been using the Deano’s cover myself and have been happy with it. Very good fit, and I like that I do not have to remove the cover to charge the detector. I do still use a screen protector as grit can get under covers like this and abrade the screen.

The transparent plastic is a shiny vinyl and will flash sun at you at the right angle, but because it is a soft cover the vinyl is not perfectly flat which reduces the mirror effect.

A862CE27-AF25-487A-AF96-00077C6FFBCA.jpeg

• Like 1

I have that exact cover.  Good quality product for sure but beware of heat build up. 

I took my EQX with cover on to Key Largo awhile back and it was HOT!  After running the EQX on the beach for about an hour or so, I saw that it was malfunctioning--both the screen and button controls.

I removed the cover and let the EQX cool down and all returned to normal.  Sadly, I won't be using the cover here in my home state of Florida anytime soon.  Perhaps I can use it during the cooler months down here....TBD

• Like 1

On 4/21/2018 at 7:27 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Hi All,

In the US, with free shipping there, I think the cover of the OP has a very good quality/price ratio.

Or,...for people in Europe, sent from England (with lower shipping/customs rates, than ordered from the US) : 

https://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=302720485739&view=all&tid=1535991747020.

I use this cover since 1 month and I'm very pleased with it. It is made out of neoprene and I think it is also available in camouflage. On the back there is an elastic piece that can be pulled over the headphone-connection (when not in use) and over the charging connection. Because there is no attachment going under the coil cabel connector you just pull the cover back a bit to make the connection accessible for charging.

BTW I always put a little piece of black electrical tape over the charging contacts to protect them even more (not when water hunting, because it will not keep in the water). 

I just ordered a Equinox 800 with the 6" and 11" coils from Doc yesterday. This morning I got this new cover on the way too, should keep the control housing in nice shape out in the desert. Headed for Rye Patch Tue for a few days. Am hoping the equinox 800 arrives before tue.

• Like 1