Minelab Equinox 600 / 800 Best Screen Protector On The Market In USA - Deanos Review - Video

Yup I have a Dino cover and it's just right. I also popped on some self-adhesive clear pads over where the buttons are, it's easier to find them with gloves on etc.

The picture is a different cover that wasn't quite as good as the Dino, but it shows the button pads. 

IMG_7875.jpg

• Like 2

My wife bought some heavy duty cling wrap. I tried it on my control pod and it works great. Easy to put on, take off resilient and cheap. I have some of that shipping cling wrap at work it's very heavy duty so I'm gonna try some of that next. Works over existing screen protectors and under Denos cover too for crazy people like me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Johnnysalami1957 said:

My wife bought some heavy duty cling wrap. I tried it on my control pod and it works great. Easy to put on, take off resilient and cheap. I have some of that shipping cling wrap at work it's very heavy duty so I'm gonna try some of that next. Works over existing screen protectors and under Denos cover too for crazy people like me.

That's a pretty cool idea! You might be a little careful though with the Cling Wrap, the control box does emit a certain amount of heat and I've noticed with the cloth cover, it's still breathable enough so that the box doesn't get too hot. Not sure how that would work on a really hot day, but maybe it would be fine!

-Bill

Just now, William Peltola said:

That's a pretty cool idea! You might be a little careful though with the Cling Wrap, the control box does emit a certain amount of heat and I've noticed with the cloth cover, it's still breathable enough so that the box doesn't get too hot. Not sure how that would work on a really hot day, but maybe it would be fine!

-Bill

You don't have to encase the whole pod just the face. Like stretching over a dish.

• Like 2

I am with Steve on this one. I ordered mine and it is great for keeping the keypad from getting gunked up and scratched. Light dirt still gets under the cover but it is not a problem with a blast from compressed air. The canned air is easiest. Tight fit and I have had it in all kinds of muck to dry dirt and a light wipe down with a damp cloth makes it just like new. Highly recommended to use over a screen protector to keep everything in nice shape. The Detector buttons work easily too.  Happy Hunting everyone

Mark

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:43 PM, Mxt Sniper said:

I just ordered a Equinox 800 with the 6" and 11" coils from Doc yesterday. This morning I got this new cover on the way too, should keep the control housing in nice shape out in the desert. Headed for Rye Patch Tue for a few days. Am hoping the equinox 800 arrives before tue.

I'll be interested to hear how you do in Rye Patch with the Equinox...

Steve

Just FWIW --

I had been using the U.K. "Searcher" cover on my 800, but now that I also own a 600, I needed another cover, and this time I bought one of Deano's covers (I have been using Deano's covers on my CTX for awhile now).  Honestly, I like both EQ covers (Deano's, and the Searcher cover), but might give the nod to Deano's for a few very small reasons.

1.  The Searcher cover's fabric covers a bit of the top of the EQ screen; it's hard to see things along the top of the screen (please see flakmagnet's picture above).  The Deano cover's clear vinyl/plastic encompasses the ENTIRE front of the cover, so you can see the entire EQ screen clearly.  Minor issue, but probably the main reason I give the nod to Deano's cover.

2.  The Searcher cover has a elastic portion on the back that covers the charging port.  You have to pull the cover partially off the control box to charge the machine.  Deano's cover has an opening in the back to allow the charging port and the headphone jack to be accessible without having to mess at all with the cover.  A very minor thing, but worth noting.

3.  The Searcher cover leaves a very small portion of the control box "exposed," right where the handle attaches (again, see flakmagnet's picture, above).  Deano's cover covers this portion of the control box better.  A very, very minor thing, but again, probably worth noting.

4.  Deano's cover is made in the USA, which, among other benefits (IMO), it ships faster.

Again -- both covers are very good, and I am happy with both.  

One other note -- I live in Oklahoma, and summers are very hot here.  I have had no issues with the cover on, in terms of the control box "overheating."

Steve

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Does anyone make a cover that protects the charging port?