Eq 6" Coil - Coming Soon To A Minelab Dealer Near You!

A buddy of mine was at the Riverside hunt last weekend, and killed it with his EQ800 at the hunt (his CTX is going up for sale).

There happened to be, for the first time, a Minelab booth at the hunt.  He was talking to the ML rep and asked them when the heck was the 6" coil going to be available.  The rep said I'm not sure, but give me your info (phone#) and I'll find out.  15 minutes later, she tracked him down at the hunt, and said that she could have him the coil in 3 weeks, and it would be $179!

Don't take this as gospel, but it was straight from a ML rep over the weekend.

$179 will be the most I've ever paid for a coil that size, but it's better then some of the numbers I've seen being thrown around comparing prices to the CTX coils. 

E631B29E-5578-4CD7-AC6A-455C99F27754.jpeg

• Like 9

Now I like hearing that price and the fact the 6" will be out soon. I'm not in the market for the 6" but maybe that means they will start (if not already) production on the larger coil.

Thanks for posting Cal

Cliff

I think the term has been used that the coils for the Equinox is what is called a smart coil. That being the case I’d have to say that is not a bad price for it.

I’ve paid about the same for a not so smart one . I’ve been told it’s only money and none of us is going to take it with us. Enjoy life while we can.

I wanted a concentric coil but anything is better than nothing.

Chuck

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

$179 will be the most I've ever paid for a coil that size, but it's better then some of the numbers I've seen being thrown around comparing prices to the CTX coils.

That's actually about $15 less than I recall paying for the Coiltek 6 in. 3 kHz 'Digger' coil for the ML X-Terra 705.  So personally I'm pleased to hear that price.  And, yes, compared to some ML (and aftermarket ML manufacturers') coil prices it seems like a bargain.

Oh Hell ya Sweet! Can't wait to get one. Man the 800 is gonna be a beast in the iron with that little coil.

I sure hope that's true, I had set aside 299.00 for the 6-inch coil and an extra 50 bucks for a lower rod. That would be excellent if it's within that time frame.

1 minute ago, Dan(NM) said:

I sure hope that's true, I had set aside 299.00 for the 6-inch coil and an extra 50 bucks for a lower rod. That would be excellent if it's within that time frame.

That's what I was expecting too! I wasn't going to go for the 6-inch coil and just wait for the 15 inch. But at that price...

I received a list of Equinox accessories that I could order from my dealer several days ago..

The 6” Coil list price was $179.00 plus $10.00 for the skid Plate..  11” Coil is $229.00 +$18 for the skid..

Waterproof Headphone 3.5mm Conn. $149.00

Many other accessories available for order too. Headphones, adapters, chargers etc.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

I received a list of Equinox accessories that I could order from my dealer several days ago..

The 6” Coil list price was $179.00 plus $10.00 for the skid Plate..  11” Coil is $229.00 +$18 for the skid..

Waterproof Headphone 3.5mm Conn. $149.00

Many other accessories available for order too. Headphones, adapters, chargers etc.

Do you mind if I ask who your dealer is? I just called my dealer and he hasn't heard a word yet. I hope they get on the ball in short order and get this thing going.