Too Bad Minelab Doesn't Port Xchange 2 To Mac Osx

Minelab is missing the boat on potential sales of the CTX 3030 and E-TRAC.  Their software only works on Windoze. Yuck!

I would actually have an interest in purchasing a 3030 if the software was compatible with a Mac, but I'll be damned if I had to buy a Windoze PC in order to run their program. And for those who have the suggestion of just using Bootcamp..forget it. I won't pollute my Macs with ANY Windows crap, even in a virtual mode.

C'mon Minelab, hire a programmer to port the program, and earn a bunch of new customers for your highest end FSB's!

(Indian Programmers are cheap!):rolleyes:

• Like 2

I believe they are working on it. This note from page 67 of the Equinox Instruction Manual....

“Software Updates - EQUINOX Series detector have the ability to accept software updates via USB and XChange 2 (Windows or Mac OS compatible).”

Personally I am using Bootcamp at this time so my Mac has been polluted! :happy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

There have been two updates to the CTX. The first was in 2012 and added the seawater mode setting, pinpoint lock, and system updates....

https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/115754/ctx-3030-upgrade-brochure.pdf

The second update was in 2016 and added a Chinese language option...

https://www.minelab.com/usa/customer-care/product-notices?article=294107

The GPZ 7000 has also had two updates since release.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love it if I could update my Equinox (if and when) on Linux and not have to pollute my computer with Windows or spend thousands of dollars on a Mac. 

This post is 100% true and 100% here to stir the pot, haha! The link is to Ubuntu's website if anyone is interested.