Equinox 600 On Small Gold Jewelry

Luis

After reading and rereading all the comments of the forum, decision for model 600, I think that for my needs, that is enough for me. I arrived yesterday and did a little test at home, since Steve has said many times that he does not have the gold program but that he can do equally well in other programs. This test is in park 2 mode and sensitivity to 12, since I am inside the house

IMG_20180417_191922.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Luis said:

since Steve has said many times that he does not have the gold program but that he can do equally well in other programs.

I don't think Steve said he doesn't have the gold program, since he does have the 800.  What he said is that the hot non-gold modes can hit small gold pretty well because they are high frequency weighted using Multi IQ. Heck, even the lower Frequency weighted modes, especially beach mode, have proven their ability to hit small gold as well.  Gold Mode, however. Is optimized for prospecting.  

Translator at work... I think the “he” being referred to is the Equinox 600. The 600 is a perfectly capable machine for hunting small gold.

Park 2 and Field 2 are hot on small gold. If using Field 2 be sure to use the horseshoe (all metal) or change the target id 1 and target id 2 back to non-ferrous accept responses - see below. Gold prospectors in bad ground will want to be open minded about possible responses in the 0 and -1 areas also.

Instruction manual pages 23-24 (emphasis added):

Park 2: Fine Jewellery (Fine in this context means small)
Park 2 is better suited for smaller targets and greater trash densities. It will detect a wider range of targets including low conductors (or higher frequency) targets, e.g. fine jewellery. All non-ferrous targets are accepted by default. Recovery Speed is also increased to clearly identify good targets masked by iron trash.

Target Tone is set to 50 to allow greater audible target identification rather than relying more heavily on the visual Target IDs. Park 2 Multi-IQ processes a higher frequency weighted multi-frequency signal while ground balancing for soil.

Field 2: Fine Coins / Artefacts (Fine in this context means small)
Field 2 suits locations with high target and trash densities. It will better detect small hammered coins on their edge or at greater depth. The default discrimination pattern is set to reject Target IDs 1 and 2 (most coke signals).

Target Tone is set to 50 tones to enhance audio identification and Recovery Speed is faster. The first Tone Break has been set so that Target IDs 1 and 2 produce the same low tone as ferrous targets. Field 2 Multi-IQ processes a higher frequency weighted multifrequency signal while ground balancing for soil.

Also see the side box Difficult Areas - Coke....

“Generally coke has a Target ID of 1 or 2. For this reason it is rejected by default in Field Mode. Note, this could result in some small non-ferrous targets being missed.”

CE3CB0DC-3465-4005-BE14-35A719ADD24E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1