Minelab Pro-Find 35 Pinpointer - Review

I received the 35 barely used from a member here at a great price. On arrival, I tested it against my Garrett Carrot, and find it much easier to use, with better adjustment ease, as well as being capable of deeper activation on coins. The non-ferrous capability is phenomenal, and it is designed not to affect your detector while riding on your belt.

Speaking of belts...the one thing I really DON'T like is the very narrow and tight belt loop on the holster. I would have much preferred the Molle-capable snap and velcro style of the Garrett. Someone wasn't thinking at Minelab. It won't fit on any wide belt.  I may have it modified with a velcro fold-over and snap.

All in all, a fantastic new Pinpointer, and I think my Garrett will end up in my son's or wife's MD equipment...at least for now!

• Like 4

Thanks Elf--really looking this one over given the price.  

cjc

I bought my son one of the PF-35 for x-mass an he really liked it a lot, said he thought it was more sensitive and a little better depth than his carrot, although he likes them both.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I am a Garrett AT Pro and carrot user for 3 years. The one thing I could not stand with the carrot was having to recycle thru six settings to change from say 3 audio back to 1 audio since you had to cycle  thru the vibrate only settings. Yeah, I  know some tout that silent vibrate only feature to help avoid alerting curious by-standers with the tones. Heck when they see me with my metal detector, Predator shovel and earphones they kind of get curious and ask me if I found anything. I don't think a  beeping pinpointer made them any more curious.

The minelab pro-35 is much easier to use,  just up or down.  The ferrous mode is also helpful.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Agree with all above.  I owned a TRX that I liked except for the sensitivity adjustment procedure.  The ProFind 35 is much simpler and better all around.  It's my go to pinpointer.  The TRX now sits in the extra equipment storage drawer.

• Like 2

Been a carrot fan for  a while now...got a pro find 35 and so far so good. Garret Please make your pin pointers so they don't break. I have two carrots and they both have issues. Yea I  can send them in for repairs but what a hassle...time is money. 

strick

• Like 1

I LOVE my Garrett ProPointer 2, 1 button, easy to use, not as deep as I would like, but almost foolproof. I hate my TRX and Garrett Carrot. They go deeper but so many functions that I cannot remember how to do them. Keep it simple. Kinda sucks getting old and brain getting overwhelmed with so many functions on our electronic toys?

Just need to wrap a piece of bright orange tape around my ProPointer 2 so I can find it when it is dropped. Black is a poor color choice  on Garretts part, almost impossible to find in tall grass if you drop it. I sure did like it this weekend when hunting fields where people sat to watch fireworks July 4. It beeps to pinpoint ,then beeps faster and faster as you get closer and closer to the metal object.

• Like 1