Equinox Waterproof Headphones From Hungary

How is the cord length on the Hungarian phones?  It looks like it may be a bit short and might tug on the phones when swinging.  I hope the GG Amphibs for the EQ become available soon.

On 5/28/2018 at 2:37 AM, Jackpine said:

I looked at those but ended up getting the ones from Hungary due to the reviews.  They cost more, $115.00 US shipped and came in 3 days via Fedex Int'l shipping.

As a warning these are LOUD.  I suggest turning the tones volumes to 1/2 of where you have them set and the overall volume down below 5 for the first try then adjust to suit. I have used them once and my only complaint is they are a bit tight.  Left them stretched out overnite and they feel a little better.

Just double checking Tom - you are happy with these headphones overall? The Minelab units are getting multiple reports of being too quiet and they are trying to fix the same problem with the soon to be released Gray Ghosts - so the Hungarian headphones may be “it” right now.

I ordered them yesterday.  I had the person selling the Hungarian headphones  do a DBs test and he said they were 85 DBs.   I measured 70 DBs on the Minelab Equinox waterproof headphones.  I have a very bad hearing problem so I need all the help I can get.   Because if you do not hear the target, you tend to not dig it.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2018 at 7:12 PM, TedinVT said:

How is the cord length on the Hungarian phones?  It looks like it may be a bit short and might tug on the phones when swinging.  I hope the GG Amphibs for the EQ become available soon.

I just tried swinging with hot them connected and the cord stretches out nicely. I haven’t had mine in the water but I don’t think they will be an issue. Just long enough to get the job done without being too short and tugging. Better than being too long and getting in the way I guess.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Just double checking Tom - you are happy with these headphones overall? The Minelab units are getting multiple reports of being too quiet and they are trying to fix the same problem with the soon to be released Gray Ghosts - so the Hungarian headphones may be “it” right now.

They are quite loud with the volume at 25. I got mine when his price was $85/set. I hope there wasn’t a reported technical issue with them. They seem nicely made overall. Considering the choices out there and not wanting to miss getting a pair of ML ones in time for a beach vacation trip I have in a few weeks I decided to get these. They seemed better than the other yellow ones at the beginning of this thread.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

No problem with the volume on these Steve.  The cord seems short at first but in use it's not a problem.  However, I do worry about the strain on the cable at the connector end over time.  The pigtail is short which doesn't allow an easy way to secure it to the detector shaft to take that strain off.   Will try making multiple wraps around the cable there with silicone tape so that the bend isn't so tight.

• Like 2

I’ve received my Hungarian headphones and so far they seem alright, they don’t blow your ears off like an ATX with it’s waterproof headphones but they are probably equivalent to using my whites surfmaster DualField in terms of volume.

It seems that some tones are much louder than others through these headphones.

in my case, tones 12 and 13 DO ACTUALLY blow your ears off but all other tones are standard really.

edit: ok they have a faulty connection in the wire that goes through the band, opening and closing the headphones over my head causes them to stop and start working ?

On 6/2/2018 at 7:55 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Well after some use there is a problem with the Hungarians. , they are terrible at sound blocking.  I  used them yesterday at a popular spot and basically had to quit hunting whenever a boat or jet ski went past within 100 yds.  Even moderate wind noise is close to intolerable.  Could just be me and my hearing but they aren't working out for my use.

In the other thread it was mentioned to take them apart to add insulation, but I can't seem to make that happen without risking damage,