Tomorrow Is The Day!!

14 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

A metal detector depth meter is nothing more than a signal strength indicator calibrated to a particular coin. That being the case there is nothing a meter can tell you that your ears can’t tell you as well or better. All depth meters are inaccurate on any item other than the coin they are calibrated for. Further, most (not all) detectors are only a accurate when using the stock coil.

For all these reasons I have never paid much attention to depth meters. Between the initial target sound and the sounds when engaging the pinpoint function I learn all I need to know about target depth.

The main “problem” with Equinox is targets are delivering full signal strength for quite a few inches. With most detectors signal strength drops off immediately. That makes it easy for those detectors to gauge depth. So do we want to “make” the Equinox more prone to losing signal strength faster just to get a better idea of depth?

The more people use Equinox, the more I think most people will find that the depth meter will fade as being a major issue.

Best wishes for early results with the new machine!

Darn, it's back to those X-Ray specs!

images.jpg

1 minute ago, Johnnysalami1957 said:

Mine is coming on Monday! YAY! Pre ordered a 6" coil and lower rod too! Richard from Backwoods Metal Detectors in TN. took great care of me. Traded in the Deus, ordered the NOX and had it in a month. Got the military discount too.

Congrats Johnny!! Richard is a great guy!

When I am at the beach with my 800 I can tell if it is going to take 1 scoop or 2 scoops (at about 6" a scoop) roughly 80% of the time.  In some areas if I know what I'm digging that will go up to 90% so I am ok with it.  It is the difference between a shallow scrape and a real dig.

Size does matter.

Mitchel

• Like 1

I gotz mines yesterday!!! Box was hurt a bit but everything is good. Didn't get a chance after work to play but today I will assemble and charge it up. Went out with the Tesoro Bandit to trashland and grabbed .53 cents. I'm going to check the same spot and see how it goes with the Nox. Should be fun if I can keep the sightseers at bay.

• Like 1