NW Montana Gold?

Don't know much, but there is an old gold producing area near Libby, Mt. Check out this link too:

http://www.nwmtgoldprospectors.com

Just to add. There is a public prospecting area near Libby and I think the GPPA and the above club have claims in that general area.

P.S. to Steve. Seems like your server clock is goofed up.

The server does not know where you live. Go to your settings in upper right corner and then set your time zone from the drop down box. I just changed the server default to Pacific Time. But then the default will be off for people elsewhere. Only real answer is set your own time zone. But it should be much closer now.. Thanks!

Good to hear from you Bob. Now that I am a westerner instead or a northerner Montana is on my radar. Southwestern Montana is where most of the gold is so just head south. There are very good prospecting opportunities there but it is same old story. Have to do the research to find good geology, then sort out the land issues. I am pretty well tied up with other stuff right now but Montana may happen in 2015 for me.

Link to Libby Creek etc

Gold in Montana

Montana Bureau of Mines & Geology

Mineral Deposits of Montana

Montana BLM

Montana Forest Service

Montana Abandoned Mines

Active Mines in Montana 2012

How to Mine and Prospect for Placer Gold - at ICMJ website

Geology and ore deposits of the Philipsburg quadrangle, Montana

1913, Emmons, W. H.; Calkins, F. C. USGS Professional Paper: 78

Gold placer deposits of the Pioneer district, Montana

1951, Pardee, Joseph Thomas USGS Bulletin: 978-C

Gold Placers of Montana - 2005 Reprint of 1948 report. Out of print. Can't find online copy so far.

The following will get you started on where. The land status you are on your own. Lots of patented ground (private property) and lots of mining claims. The map and accompanying pamphlet were done in 1992 and so are very up-to-date as far as locations. Big pdf download on map so be patient. My computer choked on it a bit in Adobe Reader. Excellent resource though, your basic treasure map. I will be adding it to our online library soon.

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR U.S. GEOLOGICAL SURVEY

MINERAL INVESTIGATIONS RESOURCES MAP MR-96

MAP SHOWING THE LOCATION OF PRODUCTIVE LODE AND PLACER GOLD MINES IN MONTANA

By David Frishman, I.E. Elliott, E.E. Foord, R.C. Pearson, and W.H. Raymond 1992

MAP

PAMPHLET WITH LOCATIONS SHOWN ON MAP

• Like 1

Yea, somewhere where it is warm and I could come visit during these cold wintery days....maybe even find a Montana nugget.     B)