Looks great at a fair price.... https://xtremescoops.com/ Anyone have any surf experience with one of these?

I have one, only use it in freshwater, never the ocean. It is pretty heavy duty, takes a beating in the rocks and drains out the sand pretty quick, might be a wee bit lighter than the 9.5 trex i had. I just got my own lightweight ash handle, wish I would have gotten the carbonfiber handle they supply...

I can give you a little background on Xtreme Scoops. John Volek is a Law Enforcement officer, forensic diver, forensic trainer, and metal detecting underwater recovery expert. He designed the Xtreme series of scoops after using most of the major suppliers scoops over the years. He solicited input from the detecting community as well as designed these to meet his needs. If you've seen his recovery videos, you have seen him placing an underwater grid of pvc pipe to grid off his search areas.

John wanted an extremely strong scoop that was lighter than the high end scoops currently on the market. These have added support inside the scoop as well as multiple tabs welded on the sides for increased strength. Currently there are three different configurations to assist in keeping small items from falling out of the scoop- X1/X2/X3. He is also releasing a smaller scoop called the Shredder in the next few weeks. These are all made in Texas, laser cut and tig welded. 

I can vouch for his quality and design process. Check them out on his site or you can order them directly from my website.

Wayne

• Like 2