In my experience, these Chinese made tools are much more difficult to plunge into the ground because they are made of thicker material than a Lesche.  I presume they are thicker because the steel is less strong and more material is required.

Personally will only use Predator tools shovels and hand diggers. worth every penny and great folks. George, his wife and son are the company. George Sr. makes every tool himself along with heat treating each one individually. They are expensive tools but its because of quality, George Sr. still works a full time job. Every piece right down to the sheath rivets are made right here in the U.S.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://radiusgarden.com/collections/digging-tools/products/root-slayer-trowel?variant=8106301685849

Im using on of these from Radius Garden and Love it. they also have a slimmer designed one I havnt tried yet. But tip is V cut and sharpened a bit to cut thru roots and the edges cut out a plug like nobodys business. And it only cost $13.99 way better than my garrett digging tool

slayer trowel.jpg

Bought two of the cheapos for my wife and son. Problem is that they need to be sharpened to be effective. Very, VERY dull on arrival. Once sharpened, they work OK, but not what I would call superb by any means.