New Mid Range Water Proof PI....When?

Hello Steve and other forum members.

My name if Jeff and I am new to this forum. I have been a wet sand beach hunter here in So. Cal. for many years. I even make it out to the desert to do a little nugget shooting once in a while.

Now....I know this topic has been rehashed several times, but a new mid range ($1000 -$1200) Water Proof PI is needed. I currently use a Whites Surf PI and Excal for most of my beach hunting, but would love to see a water proof TDI or something waterproof new from Fisher.

When is this going to happen???? Great Forum Steve !!!!

Thanks Jeff. All I can say is I am not holding my breath. Good news is that what you have is probably about as good as it is going to get. I am a big Surf PI fan - tremendous bang for the buck. The ATX serves me better personally because I use it on dry land more than in the water but if I get in the water it works also. The Surf really is a dedicated water machine.

Water machines cost a lot to develop, sell in relatively small numbers, and are a big source of warranty issues. Just not something the manufacturers are anxious to work on. In theory if Fisher ever makes a PI again they have the CZ-21 housing which was the housing for the old Fisher Impulse they can use. But again, not holding my breath.

And welcome to the forum!

Wow....thanks for the quick responses. I have also spoken to a couple of so called "insiders" to the detecting market. Either they are holding true to their non-disclosure agreement or as most have said "no new mid range waterproof PI machines in the near future". As much as I don't like it, I think the later is probably the most accurate.

So, if I don't see a thing new in the next couple of months, I am leaning towards the TDI SL just to try something different. From what I have read a very stable PI. Yes....I know it is not water proof, but most of my hunting is wet sand. Any input on this choice would be appreciated.

Thanks again....Jeff.