Sign in to follow this  
SittingElf

A Little Research Should Produce Lots Of Silver!

We are going to be moving to Tinker AFB, OK in June, but in the meantime, while still based on Eglin AFB, FL, I have been researching old, now demolished family housing areas to hunt before we leave.
I have discovered a major housing area, where all the homes were built between 1955 and 1962. Still standing in 1969, but now demolished and open fields. Very easy to research using NETRonline Historic Aerials against current Google Satellite maps.
The kicker of this area is that it is on-base, and due to very restricted access, these fields are very likey virgin for hunting. I expect a lot of silver, wheaties and more in the front areas of these homes, as well as the always-open fields behind the housing circles, where kids would play, and parties held. Only hunting them will prove out my theory, but I have four remaining weeks at Eglin to find what I can!

Here are the Aerial vs. current satellite pics.  After we leave, I hope someone into MD'ing will be assigned to Eglin and find this post. (Of course, I hope I've already recovered ALL the silver!! LOL)

1969Housing.thumb.jpg.82a70cebf33e1fc0913268029fe37c35.jpgClearedHousing1.thumb.jpg.a1944688ba52c494a41ea827ea32855e.jpg

• Like 4

good luck! let us know how it goes

That should be a heck of a spot for coins.

Your on it!  My son is going to be stationed at  F.E Warren in Cheyenne this Summer. Told him I'll visit if I can bring my Equinox lol. Military bases are a great resource for us. Found a few goodies at an old naval base close to me a couple years ago. Thanks for posting..

strick  

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By ResearchNugget
      Hello, 
      I am undertaking a research project at university investigating the detection and extraction of surface gold. I'd appreciate it if you could fill in this short questionnaire to help with my background research. It should only take around 6 minutes, and your input is much appreciated. 
      Thank you
      https://forms.gle/7WTdq5u1RNDDUG4s6

• By Steve Herschbach
      Before Carl Moreland was Engineering Manager at White's Electronics (and now First Texas), he created a website that has more technical information on metal detectors than any I know of. The Geotech website has lots of interesting stuff and in particular it has a lot of "build your own" metal detector projects for the electronically minded. I have never done this myself but if you were ever curious about what makes detectors tick a lot can be learned here.
      Projects http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/pages/common/index.pl?page=metdet&file=projects.dat
      Info http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/pages/common/index.pl?page=metdet&file=info.dat
      George Overton & Carl Moreland, co-admins for the Geotech web site, also wrote the new book, Inside the Metal Detector. This is not another "how to use a metal detector" but rather a look inside to the operating principles and electronics that make a detector work.
      Inside the Metal Detector explains theory and offers numerous experiments and projects that demonstrate the theory. You can build an off-resonance pinpointer, a GEB-discriminator, and a microprocessor-controlled PI detector. Even if you're not inclined to build a detector, the concepts learned from ITMD will help you better understand how your own detector works and what all those controls are really doing. The book can be purchased as paperback or Kindle format on Amazon

• By Steve Herschbach
      White's Goldmaster 24K XGB - A New Way To Ground Balance, 708 kb pdf, 1 page
    • By mn90403
      I use Google Maps for most of my navigation and prospecting trips.  It gets me to where I want to go and if I download the offline map I still know where I am out in the field with the GPS on my phone.
      I can put in locations from various formats but I still have not been able to find the format for putting in the numbers in the UTM-EAST and UTM-NORTH format.
      How is that done on the search bar in maps?
      Mitchel
    • By garikfox
      Hello everyone, I'm getting my first GPS device and narrowed it down to a few. I was wondering if anyone experienced with these can tell me if im doing this correctly or not. 🙂 
      Garmin GPSMAP 66s or GPSMAP 64s. Which one would last the longest, most durable
      Also, correct me if im wrong. For us electronic prospectors wouldnt it be a good idea to get the HuntsView map?
      Or do i get the SE 24k and combine it with the BirdsEye
      What map(s) do you all use?
    • By Steve Herschbach
      What's New in Version 4901-0249-5-EN
      Manual updated for Firmware Version 2; changes to Equinox 600 back light settings (page 32) and Iron Bias setting for both Equinox models (page 52).
      https://www.detectorprospector.com/files/file/39-minelab-equinox-600-800-user-guide/