1st Time At Beach With E-800

Norm S

My advice on beach detecting . Dont notch anything out , with the Nox set a tone for Iron and dig all else .

Though digging all else on my beaches would either knacker you or send you barmy or both!

• Like 1

I'm gonna dig it all for sure cause I want the gold! I'm gonna try to get a free day if my wife permits to try to find a colonial farm inland also! Just hoping anyway I sure would love to dig some colonial coins,relics while I'm in a area it's possible where I live in virginia southwestern tip there was very little population up until mid 1800s and still very little population now! I have been fortunate to be working in alabama and got on some cw stuff a few times though

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nuke em said:

My advice on beach detecting . Dont notch anything out , with the Nox set a tone for Iron and dig all else .

Though digging all else on my beaches would either knacker you or send you barmy or both!

Agree.  I never disc out anything at the beach where I do 99% of my detecting.  I set the tones to tell me what may lie under the coil.  Too many times, good targets are found next to junk wherein had the "junk" been disc'd out, the good target, partially or totally masked by the junk, would have been passed up.   More digging?  Yes, but sand is easily dug.

Just the view from my foxhole...

• Like 5

13 hours ago, BeachHunter said:

Research how to recognize bottle caps and you’re good to go. Good luck!

I just put up with them , they can be similar to good targets and i wont take the chance missing a good target too often.

• Like 3

I went out this morning with my E 800 and didn't notch anything out. I went to a different area of the beach and my detector was silent most of the time. I hit some deep signals but quit digging when I was over 12" . Then I hit a few tabs in the 13 range and one very solid 25 and it was a very corroded dime.

That's all I got but didn't stay out over 45 mins I had just been to a heavy hit area for 2 hours without much success but I didn't expect much since I had hit it with my etrac but did find a quarter and a few pennies and of course an abundance of tabs and bottle caps. 

I am going to South Padre Island in about 10 days and plan on detecting the beach there. I was surprised leaving everything open from 1 - 40 was as good as it was.. 

• Like 1