Dime / Quarter VDI Error In New 6” Concentric Coil

An error in VDI number and quarter/dime reporting has been noted in the early version of the new 6” concentric coil for the White’s MX series. I can’t imagine not digging anything reading in this range anyway, but it is something to be aware of. If nothing else it could affect resale value on the coils so if you have one and this is a problem it can be addressed under warranty once a fix is applied. Stay tuned.

A0FD5CA8-067D-42D7-AF04-6AA21BBF8925.jpegD27B1A2A-F97D-4745-A9EE-9B79F4B9DFC6.jpeg

• Like 2

Steve

You know how to make a guys day. I hadn’t had my 6” coil maybe two weeks at the most when like said before a frying sound.

I sent that coil in with my ever so sick Sport. Just maybe while they have both in there hope both get fixed.

Chuck

Well reading on the guy got by White’s and they know they being  White’s have known of said problem.

No comment at this time.

Chuck

Tom from White’s over on Findmall states that the problem with the 6” shooter coil is a easy fix and should be complete by two weeks.

I’m just relaying what was said on the above forum.

Chuck

Well I got a email from UPS stating my MX Sport with my 6” coil should be here tomorrow. Need to check out the Sport with the problem that sent it back to White’s. The odd thing when I sent in the 6” coil with the Sport I didn’t know it had a ID problem. That’s another thing I’ll need to check out.

Chuck

Well I got my Sport back then Tom had stated two days after it was shipped that the 6” coil problem was fixed.

Today I put back in the mail and White’s will receive it Wednesday. I’d think the latest I should receive it back is the last of next week.

I can see I got a new Sport back being this one is liking a serial number inside the battery compartment.

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone on here have any idea what’s involved to correct the problem the six shooter coil is having with the ID.

My reason for asking this question is White’s received my coil on the morning of May 9 th and haven’t received or heard back a word on it.

Maybe my thinking is wrong in that the coil I sent would be all or part be trashed. Due to that I’d receive another one sooner than 9 days come tomorrow.

Chuck