Who Here Is A Switch Hitter?

I see all these bungie cord attachments, hip sticks, harnesses, and various other "detector-aids"... and it got me to wondering.

If your swinging arm gets tired... why not just switch arms?  :huh:

Have always tried to be ambidextrous  in everything I do.When I could drive a nail overhead with my left hand and not leave a hammer print I felt I had arrived.

I hate the ML battery pack on my butt because it interferes with changing hands---so I went to the TDI. I know, I know,but I had rather be comfortable while finding no gold.LOL

At 73 having bad shoulders I switch quite often,  I have a hydration pack with "D" rings on both sides for my bungee...

All I know is whatever you do, do not ignore it. I detected so much one year I developed tendonitis in my right arm. It was very painful, and at work it hurt to even use a mouse on a computer. I had to adapt to using the mouse left handed and pretty much laid off serious detecting for nearly a year. Beware digging with a pick and overextending - it can get you also. The good news is with a proper harness and bungee setup I do not get tired. I can run a heavy detector on a harness for far longer and with less strain than using a much lighter detector for shorter periods of time without a harness.

The manufacturers need to do their part. Any detector weighing over five pounds should come with a decent harness setup. Someday somebody is going to cripple themselves using a detector that came without proper ergonomic protection and proper warnings about the dangers of repetitive motion and sue - and win. Then maybe we will get more and better attention to ergonomics.

• Like 1