Two Users At Once With One Wm08 And My Son Has A First

Vez

In a conversation with CDV he told me that a friend could use wired headphones and the factory supplied wireless headphones without one turning off the other.  So I decided to try this with the WM08 instead with my son this afternoon to try and coach him as he was swinging!  It worked GREAT.  He did need some relief as the grip was a bit, as he put it "weird", and I swung for a while.  Logan's second target was his first IHC!  It was a fun afternoon and we both took some keepers home from a 1909 home with a tiny front yard.  The owners were awesome and really into what I was doing.  I tried to give him some of the stuff that he really seemed jazzed about, but he refused to take it.  He used to be a troop leader and I was sure he was going to take the vintage cub scout button (keep finding cool buttons at 8).  I am starting to feel very confident in how I have my machine setup for my hunts.  Cool stuff is found all over the VID and I am just digging anything that has some depth (Still have a bone to pick with the loss of adjustable volume gain and inaccurate meter) AND it locks in hard.  Logan really took to the 50 tones quick, quicker than I did, but is having a hard time visualizing where the target is under the coil.  I know it will come with time and look forward to more of this great weather we had today in North East Ohio.  Thanks for looking and here are some pictures!

If you want to know what the VID was for any of this just ask. 

The land marker was something that the owner was excited to share and I thought it was a cool piece of Americana.  When doing marker surveying of the Ravenna arsenal he came across one marker that had been broken and displaced when a channel was dug and he got permission to take it.  Way cool! 

Logan's First IHC

20180422_205050.jpg

20180422_202440.jpg

20180422_201626_001.jpg

20180422_201541.jpg

20180422_151125.jpg

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Great finds, it's excellent you can get out there with your son detecting.  I wish my family shared a similar interest but unfortunately I'm on my own there, probably my fault as I favor gold prospecting, a lot harder to get targets so because they never found anything at all they think its a waste of time and it put them off.  I should have started them on coin detecting to get them addicted before hitting them up with gold prospecting, it appears to be too late now :mellow:

Maybe my son and I could come with you if you want company :).  The family wants to try living and working in NZ after I earn my masters.

• Like 1

VERY good stuff, Vez.  I LOVE that your son is taking an interest, and the Equinox -- with its ability to allow two of you to hear things -- is offering you a unique opportunity there.

Oh -- and the finds you guys made aren't too shabby, either!

Steve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

Well, that's a good idea, it's a great place to live. I'll hold you to that :laugh:

I'll come raise my son there!!  My sister-in-law is already there and her son is just about to graduate from college.

If I don't live there I'll be in line to make a visit in the next 10 years.  I think he should be old enough to enjoy it.

Mitchel

Be aware also....... he does have young ears...... let him adjust the volume.   Ive got really good headphones...... mine are loud to me even.  I had to turn mine down considerably for the grand son....... even thou he plays video games.... that bother my ears lol.

My sister, niece and nephews all live around Christchurch. Emigrated about 15 years ago. (Her at-the-time husband was a professor at the University).  Haven't been myself, but on my bucket list of places I still haven't been to.

double posted...

Tried turning some of the hunt into a video! 

Outstanding, Vez!  Really, really good stuff!  What a great way to spend quality time with your son, and it looks like he's enjoying himself!!

SUPERB!!!

Oh -- nice finds, too!  ;)

Steve

• Thanks 1