Last week I went to get my Alaska dredging permits.  Usually they give you the diverge permit when you get the Habitat Permit for the Fish and Game.  When I got there they informed me I had to go to the Department of Environmental Conservation for the diverge permit where I had to pay $25.

So it begins 

• Sad 2

Yes and that’s the way it goes on forever. Next year it will be something else you will need plus it will cost you more.

Then after that they won’t let you dredge or it cost so much you can’t afford it.

Chuck 

Hey Ben,

Yup.. this did.  All is legit, it's the states way of trying to come up with a bit more money. 

Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation

Division of Water

Wastewater Discharge Authorization Program

Small Suction Dredge General Permit – AKG375000

Discharge Registration – Frequently Asked Questions

AKG375000 – Registration FAQ 04/04/18

Suction dredges with intake diameters less than or equal to six inches and horsepowers less than or equal to 18

(fresh water) or 23 (marine water) or highbankers (aka powers sluices) that discharge to waters of the U.S. must

obtain a discharge authorization under the Small Suction Dredge Placer Miners General Permit (AKG375000), or

similar permit, from the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC).

What has changed? DEC reissued the Small Suction Dredge General Permit on February 8,

2018. Overall, the permit requirements have not changed; however, dischargers must now

complete an annual online registration and pay a $25 annual fee. Fees for DEC discharge permits

became effective on October 22, 2016 (18 AAC 72).

How is the registration completed?

- Step 1. Navigate to the registration page at http://dec.alaska.gov/water/oasys/.

- Step 2. Click on the large “MyAlaska” button.

- Step 3. Follow the link to create a new account or enter your username & password.

- Step 4. After logging in click on the Mining tab and Registration link.

- Step 5. Fill in the Registration questionnaire and make the payment online with a

credit/debit card or checking account.

Are separate registrations required for each waterbody and piece of equipment? One

registration can cover multiple waterbodies, dredges, and highbankers. However, only one piece

of equipment may operate at a time per registration.

Can a friend or family member operate under my registration? Yes. Although, the person

who submitted the registration will assume responsibility for permit compliance.

Is an ADF&G Fish Habitat Permit required for the registration? The DEC registration can

be completed first, but any necessary ADF&G permits must be obtained before discharging.

How can I obtain coordinates for the dredge location? Location coordinates can be obtained

during registration by clicking on the approximate operation area within the web map. The

coordinates will auto-populate the latitude & longitude cells.

What if I have limited internet capabilities? To keep future permit costs to a minimum, DEC

strongly encourages online submittals whenever possible. Operators lacking internet capabilities

can contact DEC or visit an office location to discuss options for submitting a hardcopy form.

Contact Information: Phone: 907-451-2142; Email: nicholas.dallman@alaska.gov

Office Locations: Anchorage (555 Cordova St.), Fairbanks (610 University Ave.), Juneau (410 Willoughby Ave.)

Don't you just love it... In NZ, amongst other fees I have one called "The non consumptive take and discharge of water" ...$270

• Haha 3

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:49 PM, lbd said:

Don't you just love it... In NZ, amongst other fees I have one called "The non consumptive take and discharge of water" ...$270

Sorry for laughing but the Goberment will come up with anything to take your money!