My First Detector Issue

I managed to get out a little while this weekend, nothing special.. just another learning experience making adjustments to both Park 1 and 2 plus refining my User Profile.

One thing I did learn that is positive (depending on what tools you have with) is this machine goes DEEP!! Dang, a very small alumium screwcap at over 10"!! The detector was banging hard on it, ID was pretty good too.

Anyway I experienced first hand the dreaded cell phone interference. I can't put mine in my front pocket at all and even in my back pocket I was still getting a little interference. Me being the dummy I can be at times, I kept playing with the machine..noise cancel, ground balance.. nadda.

Finally I think about the Gigmaster video I watched where he was having the same issue. If I turned it off or on airplane mode it went away. Instead my one daughter was along so I gave her my phone. She was getting bored so the phone gave her something to do.

After I got by that I was able to push my sensitivity anywhere from 23 to 25 before any chatter. This machine is very very sensitive. I personally prefer using earbuds plugged into the module over headphones.

Great machine at a great price!

• Like 2

I have had that problem with my phone i think . But i put my phone into Airplane mode now . If i get issues in future i will just switch it off.

Wow 25!  Glad you figured out the cellphone thing :)

I hope this is not the case with the cellular watches. Just picked up the AW so I don’t have to carry the iPhone.

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Gotta watch the Nox.

Will definitely open your eyes sometimes.

Just something about it.  It hunts.

Glad you figured out the phone thingy.