Makro Gold Racer Gets A Run, Finally

It was an incredible long weekend!

Click image for larger version.   Name: Pan-O-Gold.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 2.30 MB  ID: 1596054 All of the gold to the left side of the coin (a dime) was found with the Gold Racer. The gold to the right, was found with the Gold Bug Pro and the Minelab 5000. (I can't underestimate the value of a one-two punch with a high-quality VLF followed up with the technology of a supreme PI!

Click image for larger version.   Name: Gold Racer Coil Nuggets.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 1.77 MB  ID: 1596055 This is a shot of the last pieces I found with the Gold Racer, all found while hunting whispers after previously sweeping the bedrock with the same small sniper coil, and all of the finds combined on the left side of the pan were found with the Makro Gold Racer while using the little sniper coil. I will say that the small sniper coil is not good for any depth (and that's not what it's designed for either), but it's super-hot on shallow gold, especially the small stuff (that is why I bought it); moreover, it loves to sound off on the chunky stuff too!

Click image for larger version.   Name: Palm-full of nuggets.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 1.43 MB  ID: 1596056 Some of the bigger stuff found that day. (Raw, uncleaned gold [clay, surface stains, etc.], pictures shot while in the field, looks much prettier now all cleaned-up.)

So, the story will have to follow when I find the time as this is a busy gold-getting opportunity now that the weather's nice, but it was an incredible weekend hunt with lots of nuggets recovered, but perhaps the best (as far as the little sniper coil for the Gold Racer goes), I was able to capture well over thirty grams of small gold. The Gold Racer has turned out to be a sound investment indeed as has the little coil. (The detector has paid for itself many times already after only a few hunts, and the little coil paid for itself in the first hour.)

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Wow. that is an awesome weekend for sure Lanny! Makes me wonder why I was doing yard work! :laugh:

Thanks Steve. Lots of fun, and I had my family with me as well which made the weekend that much more enjoyable.

All the best,

Lanny

17 hours ago, phrunt said:

What a stellar weekend! very impressive.  I like you gave multiple detector runs in the same area, it's becoming increasingly clear to me this can pay off.

Thanks for dropping in, and as for making multiple runs with different detectors, I have no doubts anymore but that it's a sound strategy, truly.

All the best,

Lanny