Equinox Ergonomics - The Challenge

I keep reading comments by people who think the ergonomics of the Equinox are just horrible. Coming from my 7 lb harnessed GPZ 7000 the commentary is interesting. People do know the Equinox is a waterproof detector, right? My challenge? Please list all the waterproof metal detectors you think have better ergonomics out of the box than an Equinox.

Current waterproof detectors from major manufacturers listed by weight. Click for larger version...

waterproof-metal-detector-roundup-chart-by-weight.jpg

• Like 7

LOL!  I don't think there is ANYTHING wrong with the ergonomics!  This detector is a PLEASURE after having swung a GTI 2500 for a number of years. Like a feather, and easier to maneuver. 

Some people just can't be pleased....

• Like 3

When I see people complain about the straight shaft I remember all the people that complained that the AT Max had an s shaft and not a straight shaft. It's all very funny to me, that people find anything to complain about.

As an aside I bought a TV that a lot of people raved about because of it's deep black colors because of the type of panel it has. When I got it I realized that the viewing angle is very small and the colors wash out the more of an angle you view it at. I can't see why people find deeper blacks a better thing than a wide viewing angle with a different panel. Sorry, nothing to do with detectors but another example of little things people pick up on and run with

• Like 2

I have no issue with the ergonomics of the Equinox. I adjusted my shaft and the balance is ok and the weight is fine compared to the Etrac. I can swing it a cpl hours with no problems. If I swing closer to my body and cover every inch of ground it is fine. If I try to swing to far out in front of me I feel a little stress on my forearm from the cuff. 

• Like 2

No matter how light you make it ..... if you extend the shaft the coil is what the coil is on ANY machine.   Even those like the CZ.... or Xcal that you CAN hip mount and just use the coil and shaft are nose heavy.   On the beach........ i want the shaft out there .... not right in front of my feet.   In the water....... anyone thats used the EQ in the water will have to admit ....... that nose weight and smaller shaft makes it a pleasure to hunt with over other machines.   Thats a pretty minor complaint. 

The main improvement I would like to see on ANY straight shaft detector is that the handle have a bit of adjustment, perhaps 15 degrees forward/back.

• Like 3

Coming from at pro I think it swings great,handle feels good and my control box sits angled to the left about 75,80 degree angle if straight up is 90 well noticable but I like it that way being right handed it feels better than straight!

50 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

The main improvement I would like to see on ANY straight shaft detector is that the handle have a bit of adjustment, perhaps 15 degrees forward/back.

ABSOLUTELY!

Allow folks to find the proper "wrist" angle, for them specifically, and that would solve a lot of issues IMO.  

Steve

I think the Equinox is near perfect for balance , perhaps a bit nose heavy but thats what i want . Keep that nose to the ground and sniff out those goodies .

I think the Deus is not as good with its S stem , may be lighter but not as good balanced . 

I can swing the Nox all day and night till the battery dies. 

• Like 1