Married 28th April 1973 And Crazy What We Found On 27th 45 Yrs Later

Judy

image.jpeg

• Like 9

Well done Judy , just great how little finds make you feel good when there is some association on that day .

Jenny and I have been married 50 years in August , will have to go out that morning and maybe we can do something similar .

Cheers

gold rat

PS : going to PM you next week re a question on your sluice

• Like 2

Just some of the reasons we keep going back to this spot

image.jpeg

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, NSC said:

Love is detecting together :smile:

Happy anniversary for tomorrow Judy :biggrin:

45 years is a fantastic run.

Yeh and it wouldn't have been that long if he hadn't dug my detecting holes for me ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Awesome find Judy! Happy 45th Anniversary! Here is a rendition of Little Wing by Larry Hutcherson to enjoy on your anniversary.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BeachHunter said:

Awesome find Judy! Happy 45th Anniversary! Here is a rendition of Little Wing by Larry Hutcherson to enjoy on your anniversary.

Awe how sweet is that . Thanks  I will always remember that

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Judy said:

Just some of the reasons we keep going back to this spot

image.jpeg

Just beautiful old rare coins there 

Congratulations Judy

A gold sovereign coin is on every Aussie detectorists bucket list :wink:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Judy - not sure what that heart actually is, but it resembles a plate that US CW Cavalry soldiers used on the martingale horse tack.  Doubt any made it Down Under, though.  Lol.  Congrats on the anniversay.

Chase now you have me wondering . This spot was called Travellers Rest Inn and it was a thoroughfare  from one place to the goldfields and they had races there and gold sovereigns for first place  so the reason we found our sovereign . They also had a blacksmiths . Now this is where it gets interesting . We have found 2 Rising sun and 2 Australia badges ( second edition WW1 ) . About 2 years ago we found 'this out of the ordinary thing ' ) we are both racking our brains the exact shape ) we remember it was an odd shape and a bit bigger than our hand and it was just a bit awkward to carry so hubby sat it down and then we went and left it . We did research that night and we came up with the same picture from a civil war item and we said Na not possible and that was that until NOW . This is the place we have to ride our bikes to and thankfully we know the thick scrub very well there and will be able to find it again but will take a few hours . Thanks for that info and it will be a about a month before we go back to look but will keep you posted.

• Thanks 1