Latest News On The QED ?

On 9/14/2018 at 7:09 PM, Northeast said:

To be honest I haven't watched many vids on the QED as I'm not in the market for one

My how things have changed for me over the past 8 or so months  ?

On 9/14/2018 at 8:20 PM, jrbeatty said:

It can be set to a "hair trigger" for locating faint deep targets or can be run in a far less sensitive way for patch hunting.

It's funny how one can go back and read things in a different light.  I dare say I didn't take much notice of this sentence back when you wrote it JR - it resonates a lot more with me now  ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'd like to hear your thoughts and how you're going with the QED Northeast.

Hi Phrunt, 

Rather than re-write a lot of stuff I'll just provide the link to here  https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=29720   

It is a bit lengthy but hopefully tell you things you want to know.  

Having never had a non auto-tracking PI and none of the machines I've had have the same controls/menus/options as the QED it has been a bit of a learning curve but probably no more so than if I had picked up a GPX for the first time.  

Never having had a GPX has probably been a bonus in that I am not trying to run the QED like a GPX but it does make it difficult to provide a comparison for people like yourself.  A GPX is probably what it is most comparable to?  But which model I have no idea.  

Anyway, have a read of the link if you like and any other questions just ask  ?

Oh, I do wonder if the 'insanely mild' ground conditions of NZ coupled with your smaller sized gold would be a really interesting combination with the "Mode" setting of the QED.  A low Mode coupled with a smaller 9" spiral wound coil would probably be a great little combo.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, phrunt said:

The QED sure would be interesting here.

Yep, it would be ‘interesting’ but I’m not sure that it would be any great advantage (or disadvantage) than your 4500 in actually finding gold.  Can run all the same mono coils but the 4500 gives you a bit more flexibility with the DD’s.  

The advantage is the lighter weight, lower price point, updatable software, good battery set up, etc, etc. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 4/29/2018 at 4:11 PM, phrunt said:

The reason I considered one is I could buy it tomorrow, we have mild soil so I don't overly care how it handles bad soil and word on the street is it is competitive with the GPX series.  I think I'd rather leave it a year before buying one so issues get ironed out rather than me being a canary in a coal mine with it and having to send it back to OZ regularly.

I'll see how I go getting this GPX I'm trying to get, if that fails I may revisit the idea of a QED.

Video of a QED in action

Seems like a great machine,user friendly,suspect with a better coil like a 12 Evo,it would hummm along beautifully. Also liked the way 4 clicks up and the down ,prooved/disprooved target!.Brilliant!Well done guys.