Detector For Canadian Clad?

Hi everyone I'm fairly new to metal detecting and am using the Fisher F22.  I would like to give it to my daughter to use with me so im in the market for a new detector.  I like to hunt mostly parks for Canadian Clad but do vacation in florida and would like to hunt the beach.  I was thinking of getting the Equinox 600 but read it does great in almost everything except Canadian clad, can anyone recommend a detector my max budget is 1000.  Thanks guys.

The problem is not the Equinox and Canadian coins. It is Canadian coins and any metal detector since modern Canadian clad is basically a steel (ferrous) target.

After 2000 - 4.4 94% steel, 3.8% Cu, 2.2% Ni plating
$1 1987- 7 91.5% Ni electroplated with 8.5% bronze plating
$2 1996- 7.3 outer ring = 99% Ni Inner core = 92% Cu, 2% Ni, 6% Al

This means that most Canadian coins read the same as trash and are hard to detect for as a result. You will run into this with any detector.

Equinox Canadian Coin IDs

I have two newer Canadian coins with a Caribou ..the first one I was going through a park with my CTX and I seen the coin (quarter size) laying flat on the grass...ran the detector over it and not a sound was made...That was my awakening on silver colored Canada coins...the second one was one that I actually dug...same quarter size coin but it was pressed into a button...dont know why the CTX heard that one...it's somewhere in my piles one day I'll run across it and look at it more closely. 

strick 

• 4 weeks later...