Minelab Equinox 600/800 Rings & Jewelry VDI Numbers & Tones - Video

I tested a good many gold rings as well..... some really came in totally different than i would have thought... especially the larger one.   The machine seems to be like to put white gold around the nickel range..... so it like the nickel content.... the other thing seems to be the SIZE.  Size seems to play into it a good bit.

54 minutes ago, dewcon4414 said:

I tested a good many gold rings as well..... some really came in totally different than i would have thought... especially the larger one.   The machine seems to be like to put white gold around the nickel range..... so it like the nickel content.... the other thing seems to be the SIZE.  Size seems to play into it a good bit.

Exactly. That is why I got so detailed in the video with the exact weight, metal purity, and showing a picture of the ring so people can visually see the style of ring. Some rings seemed predictable in numbers while others left me thinking wow may have passed that up on this machine. I have to say I am not a big fan of the discrimination VDI of the Equinox series. It is not as predictable as my XP Deus or even one of my AT-PRO'S.  Seems I will be digging more trash in the low numbers when beach and water hunting worried I could be passing up Gold.

• 2 months later...

Very informative