What Is On Your Wish List From White’s Electronics

I was just wondering ,if it’s something out there that you would or wish White’s had to offer you as their customer ?

White’s have a waterproof pinpointer or just a land one . It has a VLF waterproof detector and lots of land detectors.It has one TDI PI detector and it’s a land only.

Do you see the same void I see that White’s  needs to fill ?

I can’t say how receptive people would be to another waterproof PI detector. When I got mine ( say what it is ) land TDI I never dug so deep for a single coin before. I wanted to get nearer to the water but I knew with one wave it would be lost .

What do you think if we had a waterproof detector be it VLF or PI that handle vibrate and do away with having to wear waterproof headphones? The vibrating handle has worked for another detector company. If they can make a pointer work that way then why not a detector ?

You tell not me but White’s what you would like from them.

Chuck

A V3i Pro with 1) a better auto ground balance system, 2) a true manual ground balance adjustment ability, 3) faster audio response especially in discriminate, 4) a faster processor (to help with the laggy disc audio), and 5) the ability to hunt in single frequency but pinpoint in three frequency.  

The V3i is one fantastic detector and deserves a "Pro" update.  Please White's don't give up on this almost complete masterpiece of a detector.  

• Like 4

Tom

If you could see through iron then we’d be saying Look up in the sky it’s a bird, it’s a plane no it’s Tom from White’s Electronics.

The Best Tom

Chuck

PS When you do have one let me know,

Its Ok to write my name on the bathroom wall but please don’t put for a good time call Chuck. My wife was wondering from the last time why I was getting so many calls.

• 2 weeks later...

Not something new, but I will probably buy another White's Ground Hawg shovel. That way I can keep one in Florida, and the other in Oklahoma while we are stationed there. I'll be going back and forth occasionally, and my Equinox 600 and 800 will be in separate States, so one shovel with each.  The Ground Hawg is really awesome!  Cuts like a hot knife through butter, and beautiful and easy clean plugs, and other than the color (fixable),  it is near perfect!

On 5/2/2018 at 2:01 PM, tboykin said:

You guys have good requests. I just want to be able to see through iron (especially chunks of tin roof). Ghost towns would be 10x better with a feature like that!

Yes, a detector that simply told ferrous from non-ferrous cleanly and with no fuss would be great. Every VLF I have ever used gets fooled by numerous ferrous objects. Any detector really aggressive at rejecting ferrous also misidentifies and accidently rejects non-ferrous. It always seemed to me that ferrous items having the additional magnetic properties would be better identified and rejected, but that is still an area of difficulty for most any detector. I really don't mind digging non-ferrous junk but it is very annoying to get a good non-ferrous signal and have it turn out to be a rusted steel washer or piece of rusted flat flaky steel.

• Like 2

A lightweight waterproof TDI , now thats a dream . And probably will only ever be . Wont be cheap either if it did happen .

Having used the EQ800 for several days now (and still haven't mastered it) I think back to the surf PI I started with and how my targets are similar except perhaps for the nail/bobbypin count. I wonder if the pi circuit could be improved so that you use the existing circuit for finding the target but additional added features to then qualify it. If they could get it to detect small gold it would help too - but I think this is a feature that is not always wanted due to the trash it detects.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It would be great if I could select a Correlate Tone ID option on a V3i.   Give me a high tone for anything above 10 points of correlation , a medium tone for 20 to 10 points of correlation, and a low tone for anything below 20 points of correlation.  Would be even better if the high tone/mid tone correlation break point could be adjustable.   While a correlation of 10 is good sometimes I like a little tighter window.  

Correlation is a fantastic feature on a multi frequency detector.   I would really like to see more innovation in this area.    

HH
Mike

• Like 1