Last Nox Beach Finds For April

Nuke em

This morning i went to the beach at 3am so i could work out the tide and would have been there at 1am but overslept . I only went on a small section of beach as the rest was not really that good after giving it a check . Gladly i found a good spot and pulled a number of coins out , i found a Cross too but cant see a hallmark so cannot say if its Silver or not . My total was 1.20 Euro's , the Cross , 2 other foreign coins and £18.53p . In the picture one of the Pound coins in the second row turned out to be the Euro coin after cleaning . 

I am still not getting more than 6 maybe 7 inches of depth from the Nox but still cannot say if its the machine or the beach . My next search will be early on Wednesday but i will use the ET as the Nox wont work on the dry tops due to serious EMI from the clubs along the seafront or something . The ET and Terra can handle it and i know their tones but the Nox is very different . The only best place for the Nox on my beaches is between the low and high tide points .

I have another 800 ordered and have found a buyer for my Explorer 11 but i dont know whether to buy the second Nox or not or keep the E 11 ? Its a pity there are so few of the machines out there in a way , i could do with another person using the Nox on my beaches to see if they have the same issues .

As it happens i might have to postpone my second machine anyway due to something else , might have a Holiday to book for Mum and i to Oz at some point . I will take the Nox to Oz for a hunt on their beaches . Not sure when that will be .

30) £18.53p FOUND 29-04-18 EQ.JPG

• Like 3

Nuke Em -- NICE digs!  The cross certainly LOOKS silver...

I am puzzled about your EQ only getting 6" to 7" on coins.  Something is not right there.  A 7" coin in my irony-red dirt is basically a gimme -- not even a challenge for my machine.  I can hit a 10" U.S. quarter with it, in my test garden, and again -- I have lots of iron in my dirt which messes with ANY detector's depth capability.  I hear of beach guys in the U.S. reaching 12" to 14" on larger coins, and I believe it, based on air tests.  Have you air-tested your machine?  YES YES YES, before anyone scolds me for even saying the word "air test," I know air testing is NOT the way to test for depth capability, etc.  LOL!  BUT -- it MIGHT help a bit to try and figure out whether there is something wrong with your machine (OR, whether it's the sand on your specific beach that is limiting your performance).  I would be curious to hear, if you can get away from the EMI, what the "air test distance" would be on one of the coins that you struggled to detect at 6" to 7" deep...

Steve

I need to get somebody else's settings for beaches so i can see what else it could be . Air tests are better but not great and 12 to 14 inches are no way on coins here . Even air testing a Pound coin wouldn't get that . Even on the ET it would be around 11 inches with the 11 inch coil.

Nuke em -- if you ever decide to, I'd be curious to know the air test distance on those coins that are not diggable beyond 6" to 7" at your beach.  It just sounds "fishy," such that I think something may not be right with your unit.  Even in some of the worst dirt that exists here in the states, guys are digging coins deeper than that...even as small as U.S. dimes...

Steve

32 minutes ago, steveg said:

Nuke em -- if you ever decide to, I'd be curious to know the air test distance on those coins that are not diggable beyond 6" to 7" at your beach.  It just sounds "fishy," such that I think something may not be right with your unit.  Even in some of the worst dirt that exists here in the states, guys are digging coins deeper than that...even as small as U.S. dimes...

Steve

Its not so much air tests its the in ground depth . Just not getting the depth . Maybe i will buy the second unit to compare to the first . If only Minelab could get their finger out !

As for the Cross , not sure on metal . It did come in at a low tone . I have set a high tone for Silver so anybodies guess till tested .

16 minutes ago, TerryinHawaii said:

Yesterday I dug a 18K gold ring, 3.5 grams, size 7 at 12 plus inches using Beach 1 here in Hawaii in damp sand. The same ring air test close to 16 inches.  For me, the Equinox is giving me almost PI depth with target ID.

I'm not getting that depth at all.

2 minutes ago, TerryinHawaii said:

You possible have something wrong with your Equinox. Do a power on reset to see if that helps you.  Remember the Equinox 800 is really a computer programed to be different detectors.  

I will wait till i get my second machine i think and compare . But i have heard depth issues by some others from a mate so i dont know whats going on . 

Anyway my beaches are the worst beaches for searching , too much Iron and nails and mineralisation to the hilt and some black sand and shingle and tons of non ferrous trash of all kinds . Going to have to look for other beaches to search soon i think , and land too.

Have you buried coins and tested or just haven’t noted any that were deep?

Personally I think a recovery speed of 4 is optimal for beach depth, obviously there is always a trade off but definitely try messing with recovery speed, I tested different recoveries and 4 definitely went deeper than 6 or at least a much more noticeable noise ?