You mention high EMI in that area.   EMI can/does affect performance, maybe that's the culprit???

• Like 2

5 hours ago, filternozzle said:

You mention high EMI in that area.   EMI can/does affect performance, maybe that's the culprit???

It is possible but it doesn't effect the ET lower on the beach like the Nox and the Terra on the tops either like the Nox .

Will have to test it on another beach when i can .

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By bklein
      I am not liking my EQ600 with 15” coil and am wondering if it’s just my brain is too attached to my CTX, or if something is wrong with the coil or detector. I am noticing that the coil cable is being sensed if moved when I’m detecting so I did this little video test that uses my car as a ferrous background/target. If I move the cable with it in the background it senses the movement. But if I do it in air, no detection of the cable.  I’ve never seen this discussed or tried before so don’t know what to think about it.

• By longbow62
      I posted this on another forum other than Detector Prospector also. I feel Detector Prospector tends to be a bit more technical oriented than the other forum so I posted it here also.
      I am 100% all in on the Equinox. I like it so much I have 2 800's. My biggest gripe is how susceptible it is to EMI. Some of my best spots have EMI so bad I have to turn the Nox down to like 15 or below. I used to run a Nokta Impact in 14kHz as my main detector before I got the Nox and it had EMI issues also, but I don't remember it being quite as bad. I think the Nox is a much hotter detector than the Impact is. It's sure a lot deeper than the Impact. I don't have the problem everywhere so I know it's not a detector problem. Running a smaller coil helps some, but not a lot.
      So I've had an Etrac and never once did I have any audible EMI issues. Is it Multi-IQ that is susceptible or what?
      Do power companies check for EMI issues like bad connections or transformers that may be the culprit? Most of my issues have been in the older parts of towns where the power infrastructure tends to be much older.
      How many other people with the Equinox notice EMI is worse on it more than other detectors they use?  
    • By mn90403
      The other day I was detecting on of the many beaches in Santa Monica Bay.  Just like all other beaches of the world there are some unique features about it that we all learn.  I was thinking about how much sand has been added since a swell event I detected about 6 months ago.  I can see where that cut was and I see where the new beach line is and it is 25-30 feet in many places.  Our wave pattern with the La Nina has sanded things in.  We have earthquakes which raise our plate.  How about your beaches from the old days?
      Before I started metal detecting I was a surfer.  Many natural breaks have been there for years.  I'm sure some are gone.  Has 'climate change' changed your surfing spots?  I know some beaches in Florida have had sand added for replenishment.  I just read articles about North Carolina and salt intrusion killing coastal forests.  They showed before and after photos.
      Do you have any old detecting photos that would show your beaches 20, 30 or 40 years ago?
    • By aerospace guy
      After following EQ's progression I decided to buy the 800 hoping for a "simpler" detector than the GPX5000 which I sold. Part of that decision was based on one of Gerry's posts along the lines of "I've found more with a sub $1000 machine than all the more expensive ones ". My 1st time out proved to substantiate the claims made that the EQ will find small gold and larger as I found what I classify when dry washing as a -20 and found a 4.29 gram nugget! This while not fully understanding how to operate the detector! Using the "quick start' and owners full manual I was able to succeed. I hope there are some comprehensive videos out now that I can access?
    • By schoolofhardNox
      So, I decided to try another beach to see if the conditions were the same to find silver. I spent about 2 hours there before I could not stand it anymore.  For such an affluent town, the have the dirtiest beach I have ever detected on. The amount of junk targets and iron were overwhelming. I could not swing without hitting multiple targets. I got a bit of clad, and an 8-gauge shotgun shell casing, so I flew out of there.  🙄 The drive back to my favorite beach was now the goal to save the day. I wandered around for a bit with no luck, so back to the same area where I did good before. I expanded out a bit and the silvers turned to clad. Lots of dimes as expected, as they are hardest to find deep. Found a decent amount of silver. I did not take pictures of the trash, but here are all the good finds from that beach. My beach days are numbered, as the crowds are already starting to show up well in advance of Memorial Day opening. I may try another new beach next week for a bit and see what happens. Weather was beautiful…. The people ?  -  a bit strange. 😵

• By rvpopeye
      Well kinda (but that's another story)
        1 clad dime and 3 memorial pennies , a fishing sinker , an unfired 22  pellet rifle round . 2 1/2 pull tabs and a bunch of tinfoil balls one of which looked like it was turning back to aluminum ore! ( or maybe it was just BBQ sauce ?) and a few odd pieces of iron I haven't washed off yet????? About 3 hours in park1 sens 22 , f2=0  disc = off., the 6" coil on the fully updated 800  Swinging in an old campground (it was root city) I watched being built 60 years ago when I was a little kid 200 yards across the cove through mom's binoculars cuz I was too young to row that far ......somewhere in the wilderness that is the southern Maine coast..I was surrounded by old growth white pine that were protected by the King of England for ship's masts for exclusive use of the Royal Navy....My fave site 30' straight up a cliff from the water ,,,and only covered 1/10th of it. ,    (It's overlooking "my rock" , where I've been fishing for striped bass since I was 2. It was low tide 2 clam diggahs on the flats , one arrived by boat.........) It was sunny  On shore  S. <5kts  62*  No pics..  I am unworthy. UH AYUH yup yup