Minelab Equinox Accessory Pricing

1 hour ago, dewcon4414 said:

Vez...... are you saying the WM is more real time than the bluetooth?   I didnt find a lot of delay in the bluetooth...... ive not used the WM and  its a device ill likely never use.  Im wired up for water or beach so im good.

Yep, see below from p.55 of the manual.

Short Answer:

WM08 = 17ms

BT APTX LL  = 40 ms

BT = ~100+ ms

Wi-Stream Technology Wi-Stream uses efficient low-power digital audio transmission to achieve the non-perceivable audio time lag of 17  ms between EQUINOX and the  WM  08 Wireless Module. For the fastest possible wireless audio, use the  WM  08 Wireless Audio Module*.

aptX Low Latency Technology aptX Low Latency technology is faster than standard Bluetooth, with a delay of 40  ms, giving a faster detection response. Minelab ML  80* headphones use aptX Low Latency technology, and will deliver faster audio than standard Bluetooth® headphones.

Bluetooth® Technology Any standard Bluetooth® headphones or earbuds can be used with an EQUINOX Series detector. However, Bluetooth® technology has a high audio latency of 100 ms. This can make it difficult to visualise the exact position of a buried target if you are detecting with a fast swing rate.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Whitbey said:

Steve H,

Can you tell me, if it  possible just to order the Pod of the Equinox 800 from Minelab so I can make my own unit to my own specification? ( naturally after the preorder time is finished ). My understanding is that Minelab also sells the Pods for their detectors on order separately. Want to know if this is also possible for the NOx 800 detectors.

Thanks

You will have to inquire with Minelab about such things. Seems doubtful right now since they can’t get detectors shipped fast enough. Later, who knows? 

Dew, Chase covered all I was going to say!  Yes it is much quicker, more than twice by Minelab's estimation.  I wish I could beach hunt and get wired in, but I am relegated to the back yards of old home in downtown Akron ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Theres going to be one......... thats about it.   Let me also say if ML just comes out .... or should i say ever comes out with the 6 and 15,  i think they are shorting us if they dont think about other coils sizes and shapes.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Theres going to be one......... thats about it.   Let me also say if ML just comes out .... or should i say ever comes out with the 6 and 15,  i think they are shorting us if they dont think about other coils sizes and shapes.

Agreed, it would be a disservice to their customers by not producing a good range of coils.  As good as the 11" is in iron I can only dream about what an 8' or 9" coil would do.

...a Coil of 9 "or less, it will have a superior 2D separation across the 11" coil, "- every detector ..." but now I'm waiting for a 6 "coil on the equinox ... I believe its size will be pretty deep...

Id buy a 9"....... well provide ML learns how to measure.   I seem to remember their 8" was 7 1/4".   We tend to loose an inch or so on each end of those coils on deep targets.... so id think it would really work a trashy area even in the water.   We have 4 distinct modes on the 800.... each could benefit from certain coil sizes and types.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

...a Coil of 9 "or less, it will have a superior 2D separation across the 11" coil, "- every detector ..." but now I'm waiting for a 6 "coil on the equinox ... I believe its size will be pretty deep...

8" on a US dime would work for me.